or Connect

Posts by deingesicht

Has anyone had any recent experiences with the Tricker's factory shop (cost, range, etc)?   I'm planning on going to the UK in June/July and dedicating a day to a couple of shoe factories and would appreciate any insight...
If they were in the 1880 range I would take them. It wasn't me at American Tailors either (dispite only complaining on this forum about their terrible customer service)
I would try them on in store, otherwise it can be a very expensive exercise. Once you know which popular brand and size (eg C&J on last 337) that fits well, you can benchmark those shoes with other shoes by searching/asking on forums. Personally, I would feel bad trying them on at Double Monk as they are great guys, but I would never feel bad for doing it as DJs or American Tailors (the guys are always grumpy).
You can't compare the widths between brands. For example, Church's standard width is F and C&J is E, but both are generally the same width (but this would depend on the last too hahaha)
Just do Ortho-K and never have to worry about contacts and glasses again
Wearing my new C&J babies for the first time today.   They are on the 358 last, which is almost identical to the 348, but I find these a bit pointier (it could be my eyes though)  
Too bad they are UK11 :(
I think you have something on your face
I've had good success with David Collins Shoe Repairs just behind 101 Collins St - he always comes across as very grumpy though :)
Can you share in pics?