or Connect

Posts by Dennis Walter

Au contraire, @Coxsackie and yes i do care about what @Caustic Man or other respected posters think. I´d at least consider to think about what was said. Sometimes there´s truth in these words, so i´d be a fool if i didn´t give a damn at all. However, if i don´t agree....ya know.
 Doesn´t work for me - the suit screams "business", while the waistcoat yells "country". Both pieces on their own would have been great, but not in this particular combination.   Anywhow, the pics...     
 @Tom Miler, i do love the country vibe, but i don´t think the tie matches the rest. It´s blending in nicely from a pattern perspective, but the colors are just not matching the other hues here. Also, the vest seems to be a bit too formal for the heavier texture of the coat. I am not a big fan of small checked shirts and neither too fond of bd with ties (but that´s probably a matter of taste).  Shoes/pants combo is spot on, as is the hat. Props to your photographer, too!...
Some sweet looks over the past pages!    I need to step my photographing game up...          
[[SPOILER]]  Some more fits - yesterday and today...    
 Thanx a ton, @OmarDubaibanker - however, i dare say you might reconsider your choice. There are far better dressers in here...had to sort out some things, but now back on track ;-)
 Care to share some more details? I am happy to hear your thoughts, @Caustic Man.     @colco, i fear i have to disagree wholeheartedly. As @Sander pointed out, it´s a) a matter of genetic disposition and b) pure taste - you can´t argue with either. The rollneck-over-shirt-look might not be everyone´s cup of tea, but i like drinking it occassionally. Oh, and by the way: the "coral" shirt you mentioned isn´t coral at all - it´s the same blue one i wore with the dark blue...
 Well @Coxsackie, i wouldn´t petition for that, but if the gods...well, they have their will anyway. :-D
Gentlemen, you´re all doing fine, judging by your appearances over the last few pages.    Here´s some kits from the past weeks...                       Also, crossposting from the sales thread: i am searching for a new home for this lovely MTM Ralph Lauren Purple Label suit, handmade in England...   http://www.styleforum.net/t/22382/ebay-suits-sportcoats-and-other-clothing/6720#post_8293601
Gentlemen, selling this wonderful made-to-measure (not for me) Ralph Lauren Purple label double breasted chalk grey pinstriped suit:    http://www.ebay.de/itm/281918009456?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649   Here are some pics from the listing: