or Connect

Posts by paradoxical3

Don't get too attached to the purple with white dots....it's in the mail on the way to me!
OP, I get where you are coming from in wanting to dress with that classic swagger that Bond and well dressed men of the past had.  The problem is, you're not doing that.  This is what you don't realize, I think.  In line with what the above poster said, intent and reality are two different things.
No, but if I order an online MTM sample shirt to see if the quality is good enough, either way I wind up waiting 8-12 weeks instead of the 3-4 it would take to just get them from the tailor.  If the quality is good enough, I'd have to order the rest of them (plus correct any possible errors).  If it's not, I'll have wasted 4-6 weeks and still have to wait another 3-4 to get them from my tailor.   I think I'm just going to go ahead and take the leap of faith with the...
I am selling an excellent condition Canon F2.8 100mm USM Macro lens.  There are no scratches anywhere on it, including the glass.  It was very rarely used and spent most of it's life on a shelf in a well padded camera bag.  Only reason I'm selling is because a 60mm focal length is more appropriate for the work I do; 100mm is a bit long on my crop camera.     $400 shipped with insurance.  I will only ship to paypal verified addresses.  I have perfect feedback under...
  I like the fabric of the BB shirts, but they are just not well cut.  I am 5'8, 145lbs and fairly athletic but not a bodybuilder or anything - I have a fairly normal athletic body.  There is way too much fabric in the arms and waist of the BB shirts.  If you do some searches on the forum, you'll find that this is a common complaint with the BB Extra Slim Fit shirts.  Simply put, the Extra Slim Fit isn't very slim at all!   This is really an annoying problem, as I'd buy...
Standard US width D.
I am about to jump into the world of MTM clothing after being frustrated with my Brooks Brother's Extra Slim Fit shirts.  I am currently debating doing it in person vs. online.   I guess my main question is what the quality difference is.  I have a very well known tailor nearby (he's been in the Wall Street Journal, etc) and MTM shirts start at $125 for the cheapest options.  The way that it works is that the tailor himself does the fitting, but then he sends them to...
These beauties are a half size too small for me so I have to let them go.    Size 7.5 D.  They are a stunning brown, and I've just treated and polished them with Saphir Renovateur and Saphir cream polish.  They are in new/excellent shape, having only been worn twice.  They do not come with the shoe trees.   I have perfect ebay feedback under paradoxicalpianist.  I will only ship to a paypal verified address.  I am willing to ship internationally for an additional...
  Yeah, I might return them.  Believe it or not, I'm 5'8 and only 145 lbs with decently low body fat.  Not adonis (or even close), but I do play tennis three times a week and just finished a round of P90X.     The Brooks Brothers shirt makes me look 30lbs heavier.  I guess I'm just going to have to start trying Barba/Finamore/Borrelli from Shop The Finest.  I've been scared to do so because I hate ordering things without trying them on, but clearly the ESF's don't work...