or Connect

Posts by paradoxical3

edit:  never mind
I'm selling my chocolate brown Tom Ford knit tie.  It ties a fantastic knot and is seriously substantial, but unfortunately is just a bit too long for me (I'm 5'7).  While it's particularly painful to let this one go, I'm going to move to some bespoke Hobers instead.     54in long  3.75in wide   I ship via USPS priority to CONUS and will ship same or next business day after Paypal is received.  
I'm selling a navy blue cashmere Battistoni tie with a gorgeous white and purple stripe.  Tie is really exquisite and is in excellent condition.  Only reason I'm selling is because I have my eye on a bespoke Hober and would like to free up some funds.     58.5in long 3in wide   $70 shipped CONUS.  I ship via USPS priority and will ship same or next business day paypal is received.  
I'm selling a pair of Alden Plaza loafers in US 7.5D.  I am normally a US 8D and these fit me perfectly, so they run a bit large.  They have been worn about 15 times, but I've decided that I'd rather have some Indy boots instead - and since these are redundant for me they have to go.  They are in pretty good condition overall - always shoe treed, and taken care of with Saphir products.   There are two issues to point out, which I've tried to photograph.  On the toe...
A while back I picked up this beautiful Tom Ford 7-fold tie.  It would be one of my favorite ties except for one problem - it's way too long for me.  The tie is 60 inches long; my best fitting ties are about 57 to 57.5 inches (I'm 5'7).  I searched and came across Tiecrafters as an option, but haven't seen a lot of people report back with their experiences on 7 fold ties.   I'm torn because this is one of the most exquisite ties I've ever seen, but I don't know if 3...
They are latex mattresses, and I have NO idea why they haven't caught on in America.  Mine was the best purchase I've ever made.   I got mine from http://www.sleepez.com/ and they had fantastic customer service (redirected my order mid-shipment when my condo wasn't ready to move into), but there are several other reputable dealers out there.    I don't recommend anything below 8in thick at the bare minimum.  If you are 175lbs+, you need 10 inches at least.  If...
  Thanks for the critique!  You're right about the lapels and the side vents, but I'm surprised to hear about the shoulder extension - one of the things I liked about the jacket was how well it fit my shoulders; I thought they filled them out completely.  The lapels will be a problem on every RTW jacket for me (I have a larger chest), and I don't have the cash to go strictly MTM so I just deal with it.   Is there a cost effective fix for the side vents?  What causes this?...
Hi,   Just picked up this jacket on sale at the Saks 5th outlet and am debating whether to return it or not.  It will depend on how extensive the alterations  will be.  I'm well aware the sleeves are too long, but how does everything else look?  Does it fit me well or would you return it?  It's a Saks brand, fully canvassed made in USA Loro Piana 120s fabric.  I have a feeling it's too long?               Thanks so much, I appreciate it.
For $1200 for two suits, I think you'd be best off taking advantage of Brooks Brother's semi annual sale that's going on right now.   The problem with cheaping out on a suit, in my opinion, is that you can get a lot more suit for just a bit more price in the low end.  If you grab a low end suit on sale, like a Jcrew or something (which keep in mind is still better than what most men wear), it will still be $300-400.  If you buy one for $600 from Brooks Brothers, you...
Your problem is that you sell moneyclips.  A billion people sell moneyclips.  Why should I buy yours?  I've never heard of your company, have no idea of the quality, and the pictures on the website aren't the greatest.  You can tell they have been edited by an amateur (aliasing around the edges of photoshopped backgrounds).   I'm not trying to be mean here - I own a business myself and I know what you're going through.  You need to look at the core of what you do -...