or Connect

Posts by jdvs

I got this blazer at the Drakes sample sale over the summer, but I've been too lazy to get it tailored and, after months of having it on a hanger, I figure it's time to just let it go. The price on the tag is 995£ — around $1500 — but it was on sale at the sample sale for something like $300, which they said was dramatically under even construction costs. I'm selling it here for $350 including shipping and paypal fees, just looking to recoup costs.   Anyhow, on to...
Is that to say that the sale isn't really worth checking out? I've never been before, but I'd been excited to see that it's coming up.
I'm selling an Ervell Cadet Blazer. It's got the classic Ervell unstructured build, but the "cadet" style means that it's kind of halfway between a blazer and a coat: the buttons go all the way up, so you can button it high and wear it as outerwear or button it like a blazer. It's in a heavy 100% wool and features two working buttonholes on the sleeves. It's marked a 40, but as with all Ervell stuff it actually fits like a 38. I tailored it to have the sleeves shortened...
If you don't mind it going ground, it's cheap, I can do it for $5 extra. If you want it to go Priority the smallest flat rate box that'll fit it is around $30, so I'll do it for $20 extra.   When I got it I was deciding between a small and a medium, and I should've gone medium. It's a nice coat, but tight enough on me that it just doesn't really work.  
This is a pair of patent leather pumps. I got them used on ebay, wore them once, and ended up snagging a pair of RLPL pumps on sale. I definitely don't need two pairs of black tie shoes, so these need to go.   They're patent leather, with a grosgrain ribbon across the top and front. Size US8.5, with no width marked. I wear a D or E, and they're comfy. Very thin leather soles, are I believe are standard for formal shoes.   $50 shipped CONUS.
*Edit* Oh dear, just saw that my title says "Back" rather than "black" and I can't edit the title.   I'm selling a pair of C&J Curzon shoes. These are branded "Lloyd footwear, england" on the sole and box, but are unmistakably C&J Handgrade in the sole and the writing inside of the shoe. The only difference between other C&J handgrades I have is that the footbed has a tiny bit more give to it in the heel. The soles and box are stamped "subs" and there's a tiny crack...
I'm selling a navy wax cotton deck jacket I got recently from Freemans. It's a great jacket — really nice blue that catches a brighter blue shade when in the sun, wool felt lining, super soft corduroy collar — but is too small for me. You can see it here: http://shop.freemanssportingclub.com/products/fw11-n-1-deck-jacket   My measurements:   Shoulders across back: 17" Sleeve: 25" Chest pit-pit across back: 22.25" Length from top of collar:...
Blowing out a bunch of things I've bought over the past year and haven't really worn. I'll post measurements and any other photos people request later tongiht.   First up is a size S Wings and Horns tiger terry hoodie in a mid-gray. Bough on SF last year and worn a few times, but found out that W&H doesn't really fit me. $60 shipped CONUS. Measurements: the armpits have a funny seam, so it's hard to get a pit-pit, but it fits slim, like a 20" or so shoulder:...
  I'm selling a pair of size 30 Epaulet cargo flannel pants. I got these a few months ago and wore them many times, maybe 10, but I've realized that I just can't pull off those whole dress cargo pants thing. They've been hemmed to a flat-bottomed 29.5, but otherwise haven't been tailored, and there's about 2" of material to let out. See better photos and measurements here: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1119/Tapered-Rudy-Cargo-Trouser/Detail   $90 shipped...
  I'm selling a beautiful RLPL waterproof coat. This thing is awesome: great detailing and cut, just a little too large for me. Detachable hood, cotton/PU mix to keep it waterproof. I purchased on ebay a few months back, and have worn maybe 5 times, but it's in great shape. The only issue is that the metal end for the cord to cinch down the bottom of the jacket is missing on one side. Hardly noticeable, but it is a flaw (compare 5th and 6th photos to see the side with...