or Connect

Posts by roguetheory

My apologies for starting a new thread on this, it's kind of urgent so please sympathize! I'm looking at purchasing a pair of non-raw, per-distressed PRPS Noir Ramblers online in a size 32" waist and I'm trying to figure out if they'll fit or not.The only pair of PRPS jeans which I own are the original boot-cut Dark Burners, which are quite snug and tight in the thighs, since I have rather large thighs. Interestingly after inquiring with the buyer I was given these...
Could somebody please point me the direction of a pair of black dress boots which are similar (if not the same!) as these Ferragamos. http://cgi.ebay.com/Salvatore-Ferragamo-Men-Netto-Boots-Sz-9-5-10-1200-/120744322988?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1c1cec27ac They're EXACTLY what I'm looking for, but out of my price range unfortunately at this time.
Could somebody kindly suggest a nice pair of dressy jeans for me: APC Rescues fit perfectly and are excellent for casual wear. WAY too thick and steel like in the way they wear to wear with a blazer though. Nudie Slim Jims (2% spandex) are great for casual wear, but too tight for on me with my larger legs to dress them up. So what I'm looking for is something in the middle in terms of fit, which is dressy and stylish. Any suggestions?
Looking to purchase a pair of raw Dior 21cm Jeans. How many should I size down? I'm generally a size 31 or 32, wear a 29 in APC Rescues.
Quote: Originally Posted by hymo Another Italian mill that is widely available in Malaysia is Vitale Barberis. They have some pretty good cloths. Ah Loke Tailor has their books -- so do many others. I don't think Dugdale has such a loud plaid. The labour for a full-featured fully-canvassed 3-pcs suit ought to be below RM1.4k at ALT. It depends on your haggling skills. However, almost nobody here stock Bemberg lining, so you will have to procure that...
Quote: Originally Posted by hymo Any reason for your insistence on what are probably super thin 7-8 oz high super number Italian cloths? They generally perform badly as suits. They wrinkle like crazy and look decrepit after only a few wears/dry cleanings. The fabrics in the books have mass appeal because of their softness, but really, you should avoid them. Read up more about suits here before you do anything. I have no idea what the two tailors charge...
Quote: Originally Posted by hymo Yeah, labor should be about that for a 2-piece. Add no more than RM150 CMT for a waistcoat. You can buy fabrics directly from Dugdale. I know of two tailors in KL with Dugdale books: Ah Loke Tailor and Bespoked in 1U. Dugdale's Thomas Fisher Cape Breeze range has some POW summer kid mohair + wool cloths which are great for the humid and hot tropics. They cost about 40 pounds/meter + shipping. Depending on how tall you...
Quote: Originally Posted by hymo The price I mentioned is for CMT (look up what it means). No that price is inclusive of their fabric, in this case Fratelli Tallia di Delfinfo Super 130. So you're saying that labor should cost no more than $400 USD?
Quote: Originally Posted by hymo I'm a Malaysian based in KL and USD1000 for CMT for a 3-piece is really cleaning you out with perchloroethylene. It should cost about USD400. Yeah, it was about 2500rm for a 2 piece, add 400rm for a canvased + 600rm for the vest. So where would you recommend in KL for a high quality tailor at decent prices? 1300rm for a canvased 3-piece suit sounds way too cheap.
Quote: Originally Posted by stylomilo EBay may be your best bet. There are a few e-tailers but it's difficult to accurately reflect the color of the fabric on the internet. The finer yarns can be delicate . I hope you have a good dry cleaner where you are. Have you made anything at Lords? Dry cleaning is not an issue, plenty of quality firms in town. Haven't made anything at Lords, basically I've just been shopping around and getting quotes....