or Connect

Posts by JBZ

I was finally able to see Michael Clayton this weekend. I really enjoyed it. A fairly straight forward drama/suspense film, but very well written and acted. I thought it captured the workings of a large law firm about as well as any movie I've seen centering on the subject. Of course, I've never heard of a large law firm employing a "fixer," but that was part of the suspension of disbelief necessary for the viewing of most movies. I still need to see No Country for...
Quote: Originally Posted by mongo615 I don't pretend to be the voice of the average Democratic voter, and I don't consider myself anti-Kennedy. My whole point about the Kennedys' endorsement of Obama is that everyone seems so gleeful about HRC and Bill getting poked in the eye--I don't think it'll amount to a hill of beans--these are the Clintons we're talking about. They ran a campaign in 1992 under the cloud of marital infidelity and shady land...
I've said it before, but A&F, as much as their derided here, must be doing something right. Perhaps they're just appealing to the brainless masses, but I imagine they're laughing all the way to the bank.
Quote: Originally Posted by Steve B. And JFK was the last candidate who was as charismatic. I think both Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton (particularly Reagan, love him or hate him) would have a legitimate beef with this statement.
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter I have already given up casual sex, almost all my drinking, drugs, almost all coffee. I am trying hard to cut down on eating. I gave up on bring a gym rat. I have hardly bought any clothes in the past 4 years - possibly less, in terms of a fraction of my gross income, than anybody else here. I pretty much gave up reading, I pretty much gave up watching tv. I could give up on cigars and water pipes, if I had...
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart Sharapova/Ivanovic is the ying to Jean King/Navratilova's yang (or is it wang) It's okay; King and Navratilova aren't interested in you (or me) anyway.
Quote: Originally Posted by Britalian Brad Mehdau's soundtrack to the French movie My Wife is an Actress, the latter of whom is Charlotte Gainsbourg. It's extremely difficult to get hold of, however. I actually went to school with Brad Mehldau from grammar school through high school. We were pretty close friends in grammar and middle school, but drifted apart in high school. He always was an outstanding pianist.
If one hundred people break the rules, 99 will get away with it and 1 will be caught. I will be the 1 who is caught.
Quote: Originally Posted by Saucemaster Oh, well, you know, as long as you love somebody, you can do anything and you're still a good person living a worthwhile life. I have been repeatedly assured of this by various romantic comedies and epic period dramas, some of which have won Oscars. "I'm king of the world!!!"
Quote: Originally Posted by j Wiiiiiiise meeeeeen saaaaaaaaay... Only foooooooools ruuuush innnnnn... [ah-]but Iiiiiiiii caaaaaan't helllllp.... Do you hear this in your head by Elvis or by UB40? I find the UB40 version is the one that sticks, unfortunately.