or Connect

Posts by JBZ

Quote: Originally Posted by RJman my banker Jérôme Kerviel?
A lot of good ones so far. To that list, I'll add Jeff Kent and Eric Byrnes. Brad Penny also seems pretty douchey, as does Latrell Spreewell. I'd nominate Gary Sheffield, but I'd much rather not and wait for him to hold the inevitable press conference where he informs everyone that he's never recognized for anything and that he should obviously be considered in any discussion relating to the biggest douchebag in sports...douchebag.
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Lat Pack? ring-a-ding-ding
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim There was no difficulty for Dilfer, the Seahawks snapped him up within a week of him being released by the Ravens. I see that you are right, and my memory is failing. The surprising thing about Dilfer was that he was released by Baltimore following the Super Bowl victory. He had just won a Super Bowl, and was popular in Baltimore.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thracozaag Rypien statistically had a fantastic year for the 91-92 season; my nomination would definitely go to Trent Dilfer. If memory serves, Dilfer's contract with the Ravens actually ended that year, and he had real difficulty finding a new team during the off-season. That must be fairly unprecedented for the reigning Super Bowl winning QB.
Quote: Originally Posted by CTGuy Fair 'nuff. I guess my opinions are colored by the fact that I am outside the traditional legal field and probably doing better than if I had been dead set on traditional practice. I'm also unsure how old you are, but speaking to a lawyer I sometimes do work for-- things have changed a lot in even the last 10 years. I'm 38 (not 39, like that middle-aged guy Lawyerdad; and, yes, I'll retire this joke now),...
Quote: Originally Posted by CTGuy http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_b...nt_go_to_.html I was sent this post by a fellow law school graduate recently and I empathize strongly with the post. Law school is a total waste of money unless you are in the top 10 percent of your class otherwise from a return on investment standpoint you might as well remain in the workforce and for 3 years. I don't know that I'd go that far. If you go to law...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt The unfortunate part of that picture is that the Coca-Cola in the upper right corner belongs to one of your friends, and it is actually a mixture of 50% Coke and 50% beer. From the above, I am forced to conclude that Europeans are nothing but barbarians in stylish suits.
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad Although I think Eli was perfectly worthy, you're forgetting the most important statistic. The marketing potential of the D-line pales in comparison to Eli's. The mind truly boggles at the number of Peyton Manning/Eli Manning commercial we're going to have to endure over the coming months. If you listen closely, you can hear their agent salivating.
Quote: Originally Posted by Saucemaster On the flip side of the coin, for someone who's been rooting for the Patriots to lose since probably week 5 or 6 of this season, I was surprisingly conflicted once the game ended. I felt happy for the Giants, but I didn't expect to empathize with the Pats as much as I did. That's a hell of a gut shot to take, being on the cusp of a perfect season as the overwhelming favorite, only to end up falling short to a team...