or Connect

Posts by JBZ

Quote: Originally Posted by Jerome I like peasants actually they taste good with wine..or was that phesants? What I dislike though is the mediocre pseudo democratic attidude that ridicules everything which transcends an imaginary "standard" of how things ought to be, e.g. how rich or poor or imaginative or even poetic one can be. Everything has to be pressed unto some utterly common herd opinion that is furthered by the media. You like this or that car...
Quote: Originally Posted by Full Canvas I always preferred his "less well known" roles. A fine actor by any measure. Marathon Man - as Dustin Hoffman's older brother. I loved the expression on the old lady's face as she witnessed the unsuccessful bloody and gruesome attempt to garrote Scheider's character. Sorcerer - out of the frying pan and into the fire for a small-time crook on the lam in this Friedkin "classic." Two other...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerome I thought Id say: 50 000€ does anyone know is that too much for it...? Don't listen to the rest of these peasants. At this price, it's a steal. Buy 3. In fact, buy 4 and give one to a friend. Your friendship would be well worth it, especially at this price. Act soon, supplies are limited, prices are subject to change, etc., etc. I believe if you act within the next two hours, Aston Martin will...
He was also great in The French Connection. For another good Scheider thriller, check out 52 Pick-Up.
Green Roger Clemens. (okay, green wrench, really)
Sad. Sounds like he had a history of cancer. Richard Dreyfuss is the only remaining survivor from The Orca.
I don't think I have any new ones to add, but the ends of: - Hoosiers - Saving Private Ryan - Field of Dreams Brian's Song looks too dated and too much like a made for tv movie (which it was) to really get to me. I don't remember Schindler's list making me cry while I was watching it, but it definitely filled me with a profound sense of grief for a time thereafter. Shawshank didn't make me cry, though it was a very good film. As a father, any sort of...
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday The toe shape on those seems better than on many AE wholecuts, but still, no. Not a fan at all. If they lost the broguing, it looks like they'd have a nice wholecut. As it stands, however, I agree with everyone else; awful.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser Long Island iced tea. He probably wants to remember at least a part of the evening. Since you've never had alcohol before, if you want to enjoy it, I'd suggest vodka based drinks. Most people take awhile to warm up to bourbon or scotch. A rum & coke would probably be a good choice, as would the aforementioned G&T. For beer in an Irish pub, go with Harp or Smithwick's. Guinness is...
The Kray brothers: And from the movie based on their lives: http://vancootenshop.com/osshop/images/krays.jpg