or Connect

Posts by Brooks

These look great on you. What's you inseam? I'm a guy with a bigger butt and thighs who likes a medium/high rise but I also have stumps for legs so I don't think these will look as good on me as they do on you.
Yes definitely! The heel on the Beckman is easily the least aesthetically pleasing thing about the boot. I know some people would say the bulbous toe but I like it.
That chocolate muleskinner would look great waxed like that!
I'm not a fan because it looks too busy. Same reason I don't like the 258. If you need more space though it looks like it could work well.
I've been wanting to see a before and after too but no one seems to have posted anything. I'm considering doing it myself to a tan 257. I'll definitely post here if I go through with it.
Damn I've been wanting to grab a nave 256 for a while now but couldn't justify the price or having 2 briefcases. At $130 though I would have been all over it! Congrats to the guys who were able to order one.
Most likely just at a Red Wing store. I think Amazon has the wide sizes at times. Keep in mind only some models come in wide widths.
Yeah I just used a blow dryer to soften the LP then used my hands to rub it into the boot. After that I used to blow dryer on the boot to get it to seep into all the areas. I then brushed it down with a horse hair brush. The last step I did was repeat the whole process a second time. If you search through the Wolverine 1K thread a member (Crane's) gives a tutorial which I pretty much followed except he used Sno-Seal instead of LP. I think he also used a rag to apply the...
I'm in Vancouver too and I applied two coat of Obenaufs LP and haven't had a problem with rain or puddles.
Anyone try the 70083 backpack? I love Filson bags but I don't think that I can justify pulling the trigger at that price.