or Connect

Posts by bta3

Hi - I'd love some feedback on this suit. I got this Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald Golden Fleece from Rue La La earlier in the month. In July I posted a similar suit in 42L (post). The opinion here was a resounding "too big". So this one is a 40L (I'm 6'2" 175). Looking for feedback on the fit - no alterations have been done so it's still completely returnable. The obvious changes are sleeves up, hem pants, and maybe bring the sides in a little. I'm also concerned...
Agreed - that picture is of the pants (which is not obvious from the crop). So the pants definitely say Golden Fleece. Nothing on the jacket does.
I purchased this suit last week from Rue La La. Since finding this forum last year, I'm always on the look out for decent suits at a good price. Rue La La listed this suit as a Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald and I noticed the pictures posted had a "full canvas" tag shown. So my assumption is it is a Golden Fleece - although BB tag probably changed for Rue La La. Price was $499. I haven't seen suits purchased from Rue La La discussed here much so I thought I'd post some...
Thanks all. Maybe the third time really is the charm.
My third attempt at picking a suit. The first two attempts are chronicled here: Try 1 Try 2 Hopefully I've made some progress with this attempt. At the advice received on my previous posts, I've gone down a size to a 42L with this suit. As always, I appreciate the help.
There was another thread on here recently where a HF sales associate said all the suits were fully canvassed. However, the Nathan definitely did not feel fully canvassed when I did the pinch test and both the Madison and Addison definitely did. I'm still very new to this - but having all three suits in front of me at the same time, it was pretty easy to tell the difference between the canvassing on the Madison/Addison models and the Nathan. If I hadn't had all three to...
Since it's part of the Mahogany Collection I'm betting it's full canvas. I tried an Addison from the Mahogany Collection and it was full canvas just like the old Madison models.I also tried a Nathan from the Sterling Collection. It was half canvas.
Thanks to all who replied - I really appreciate it. So many newbies post here and the board is always so giving with feedback. I know that can't be easy for veterans of this forum. The "does this fit" threads must get old after a while. Given the feedback I've received here, I've decided to return all the suits and start over concentrating on 42L suits. I went back to Off 5th today and tried on more jackets. Now that I've been enlightened a bit more about shoulder...
I might need some clarification on "[the shoulders are] the most important part to fit, everything else can be adjusted."When I originally posted suit 4 a few weeks ago, it was suggested I try a 42. So I went to Off 5th and Nordstrom Rack and just began trying on jackets. Some of the 42L jackets did seem to fit pretty well in the shoulders in that the shoulder padding seemed to end right where my shoulders ended. But when I'd turn around, the fabric under the collar had...
Don't mind at all - 6'2" 195