or Connect

Posts by scriptguy

Thanks! I'm skimming through the first few pages of that Thinking Architecture piece and it is really interesting.
Thanks! I'm skimming through the first few pages of that Thinking Architecture piece and it is really interesting.
SH, thanks very much. That makes a lot of sense and is quite helpful. Are design principles such as the ones you mentioned above available in any kind of source that would be accessible to non-architects, an architectural equivalent of Manton's book or something?
I'd be interested in what some of you more architecturally-savvy members think of the house below. I like its materials, finishes, and floorplan because they suit the lifestyle of my family better than most traditional houses. It's also priced such that a small-timer such as myself could afford it. I just don't know if I'm looking at the architectural equivalent of a Men's Wearhouse suit.
I am curious what some of you more architecturally-savvy folks think of the house below. It is appealing to me because its floorplan suits my family's lifestyle more than most traditional floorplans. That means I can get away with a smaller house because the space is utilized with less waste. It's also surprisingly inexpensive for modern construction so that a small-timer such as myself could afford it. I worry, though, that my relative ignorance of things...
I am curious what some of you more architecturally-savvy folks think of the house below. It is appealing to me because its modern finishes and floorplan suit my family's lifestyle more than most traditional houses. That means I can get away with a smaller house because the space is utilized with less waste. It's also surprisingly inexpensive for modern construction so that a small-timer such as myself could afford it. I worry, though, that my relative ignorance of...
Copy and paste the text of the script into a text file and save it with the extension ".user.js". For example, I have it save as "styleforum.user.js". Then drag that file into Firefox and Greasemonkey will automatically install it.Also, be sure to use the updated script that I posted in message #30 of this thread. It works much better than the one you quoted. If you have any questions about how it works, feel free to PM me because I don't visit the site very often...
I am also running AdBlock Plus which had already removed the affiliates for me.  I modified the script to remove everything without require ABP.Code:var allDivs, thisDiv;allDivs = document.evaluate(    "//*[@id='sidebar']",    document,    null,    XPathResult.UNORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE,    null);for (var i = 0; i < allDivs.snapshotLength; i++) {    thisDiv = allDivs.snapshotItem(i);    // do something with thisDiv    thisDiv.parentNode.removeChild(thisDiv);}There are...
If you have a browser that supports user scripts (such as Chrome or Firefox with the Greasemonkey plugin),the following user script will block all the sidebars:Code:var allDivs, thisDiv, allDivs2, thisDiv2;allDivs = document.evaluate(    "//*[@class='sidebar-module']",    document,    null,    XPathResult.UNORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE,    null);for (var i = 0; i < allDivs.snapshotLength; i++) {    thisDiv = allDivs.snapshotItem(i);    // do something with thisDiv   ...
Quote: Originally Posted by simonshek style forum new sidebar is pissing me off. Quote: Originally Posted by ter1413 pissin a few people off: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=254864 If it's really annoying you and you're using either Chrome or Firefox with the Greasemonkey extension, you can easily hide the sidebar with a simple script. I'm sure it could be improved, but the one at the link below works...