or Connect

Posts by freedom_fries

i have a feeling you do quite alright in your negotiations. wonderful outfits, as usual, although your jeans do not conform to my personal jeans-wearing style. ashamedly (or not) i must confess my hipster-ness in all things denim.
that waiter was literally insane.but in all seriousness, people often take me for a student despite my advanced age (for american standards), and i have never had a tip refused anywhere, by anyone (in france, other europe, or otherwise). i believe this happened, but i'm wary of taking it as an indicator of tipping practices in general in france (i can say with certainty it is not the case in the DACH).
My opinion diverges with just about all of these except the last one (pants too long), as I have nothing against slimmer lapels and narrow ties.I do think a smaller knot is warranted, however, which would (GASP) perhaps even call for a smaller collar.
Servers in Europe do not view tips as an insult. One doesn't tip as much as in the US, of course, but if you don't tip at all you will look like an ass.
Ha! Good one.
Why does this make a difference? Waiters should never clear plates until all are finished, right?
It's a bean commonly used in Asian desserts, baked goods, and pastries. Most often, it is sweetened and mashed into a creamy paste which appears dark burgundy in color. [/quote] that's what I'd thought, but then I thought no one could compare that to watching baby jesus burn alive, whatever that's supposed to mean.
you need to go to restaurants where the waiters aren't idiots.if he is an idiot, tell him you're not finished.
what is red bean?
For me the upshot of all these anecdotes and hence recommendations depend greatly on the age of the "little kids" in question and the exact situation. I often find it distasteful how infuriated some adults become at the antics of very small children who clearly are not culpable and whose parents are clearly doing their best to maintain order in an uncomfortable situation. On the other hand, there is no question that there are parents who believe their unruly 7-year-olds...