or Connect

Posts by freedom_fries

wow. well this is exactly what i was thinking of doing. i somewhat recently moved from a job at a private sector firm in which money was more or less no object regarding travel to one at a non-profit organization at which every dollar spent on travel is one that cannot be spent on our objectives. i still have to travel quite a lot, but i cut as many corners as possible - which means business class is out. thus the benefits are that much greater.that is quite impressive...
don't get a 2nd hand bike until you know what you're doing. as in clothing, fit is the most important thing. try to find a good shop that you can imagine yourself spending some time in, and where you get along with the staff and mechanics. they will fit you for a bike, and answer other questions regarding sizing, materials, clothing (you will need to buy shoes, helmet and some decent outfits), and gear.these days you can get a very nice, light road bike for € 1000.
nothing per se wrong, but intense has no history in making bikes like that. it will also be likely over-priced. if someone were to force me to get a fully rigid it would have to be be titanium, and from a maker with history in ti bikes.
so as it turns out there is a forum for everything, and mileage run is a real thing. star alliance gold status gets me 1st class check-in, 3 free checked bags, and lounge access (senator, here in germany) while flying economy. to me that is worth a lot. even in purely monetary terms, i probably save about 15 - 30 euros in drinks, food and publications every time i'm in an airport, about 100 euros once every 3 or four times i fly on the baggage allowance, and 150-250 when...
somebody post that "this shit just got real" meme.
what is it they say about money not being able to buy class?guess they've been proven wrong.
he may have all sorts of balls, but those are nonetheless creepy images of a sartorial nature.
check in the mc waywn if you want to bum yourself out. this picture explains it all.
ah, thanks for the tip - i like the term "mileage run", it kind of implies a physical activity.
has anybody here ever booked an end-of-year long-haul flight just to avoid missing out on star alliance gold? i'm seriously thinking of booking a day-trip to singapore or something in december (and by day i mean probably around 3 days in all), but i can't shake the feeling that this is an outrageous thing to do.