or Connect

Posts by freedom_fries

update for those interested in customer service: zegna has responded and wants to talk about finding a solution to the problem, so will keep posted. i haven't exactly had great experiences with customer services on this side of the pond so i'm curious how this will end up. EDIT: So they evidently will take a return and issue me a coupon, the worth of which is yet to be determined. Not bad, I suppose!
yeah i was afraid of this. well, just sent of a customer service request and will probably ring the outlet shop some time this week, but i wouldn't say i'm very hopeful.
Got these about 1-1.5 years ago at the Zegna outlet in Salzburg. They were around €260, so about 40% off. I really like the shoes, particularly the dainite for the rain. Any thoughts on whether this can be repaired? I'd just go ask but I have a hard time making it to repair shops given their hours, so would like to have an idea beforehand. Cheers
many thanks!
could anyone update this - i.e. cobbler(s) in vienna?
diamond collar stays
wow. well this is exactly what i was thinking of doing. i somewhat recently moved from a job at a private sector firm in which money was more or less no object regarding travel to one at a non-profit organization at which every dollar spent on travel is one that cannot be spent on our objectives. i still have to travel quite a lot, but i cut as many corners as possible - which means business class is out. thus the benefits are that much greater.that is quite impressive...
don't get a 2nd hand bike until you know what you're doing. as in clothing, fit is the most important thing. try to find a good shop that you can imagine yourself spending some time in, and where you get along with the staff and mechanics. they will fit you for a bike, and answer other questions regarding sizing, materials, clothing (you will need to buy shoes, helmet and some decent outfits), and gear.these days you can get a very nice, light road bike for € 1000.
nothing per se wrong, but intense has no history in making bikes like that. it will also be likely over-priced. if someone were to force me to get a fully rigid it would have to be be titanium, and from a maker with history in ti bikes.
so as it turns out there is a forum for everything, and mileage run is a real thing. star alliance gold status gets me 1st class check-in, 3 free checked bags, and lounge access (senator, here in germany) while flying economy. to me that is worth a lot. even in purely monetary terms, i probably save about 15 - 30 euros in drinks, food and publications every time i'm in an airport, about 100 euros once every 3 or four times i fly on the baggage allowance, and 150-250 when...