or Connect

Posts by freedom_fries

Thanks! I stopped by the shop last night. It is really quite imposing. It is very Viennese, in that one is immediately given the feeling one is in the wrong place at the wrong time upon entering - totally empty.. shopkeeper scampers out from behind some boxes.. "gruess gott?" in a questioning tone .. "yes is there something you want?" Even though the woman is clearly not Austrian, it seemed she had taken up the Viennese aversion to customers with gusto In any event, she...
i've had this done on several older suits and trousers and really any alterations tailor can handle.
yes, i also considered the additional room. as an update, i just contacted the local rimowa store and they told me to bring the case by whenever to have it repaired within 24 hours. we'll see if this pans out.
if we didn't have absurd tax rates, we wouldn't have probably the world's cheapest and best public transport, free child care and parks/playgrounds on every other corner. i'm totally OK with the taxes here.
i 100% agree with you; I was rather surprised that you knew this already as a student, rather than having to experience it first-hand (that boss suit didn't last more than three years, incidentally!).
so first off, one of the locks has malfunctioned such that it technically "locks" inasmuch as the button doesn't depress fully, but the latch flips open at the slightest insistence. this to me is a significant fault in a 6 month-old cabin bag that costs 600 euro.second, there is really zero give. there is no "sitting it to make it fit" flexibility. i have heard the plastic rimowas are easier here, but then again why would you pay so much for plastic? i think if i would do...
So Spark's post was insanely comprehensive and not too much to add; however, a couple points:Also a FF for mostly mid to long-haul 3-5 days trips. It may be that my destinations are typically better for this type of service than others (i.e. developing/emerging more so than developed countries) but i have found hotel laundry service for shirts to be generally affordable and extremely convenient. often the express service will be expensive, but if you plan well you can do...
drinking this: http://www.riedenburger.de/startseite/biere/riedenburger-biere/unser-dolden-sud/doldensud.html i can confirm the 6.5% alcohol content.
that is a good tip. i'm a bit surprised you spent 900 euro on a suit as a student - I studied here and upon getting my first job after uni thought i was being embarrassingly extravagant in buying a hugo boss suit in the 1st district for 400. anyways, i have vowed to stop buy j&n this week to buy some cloth and find out when the neapolitan tailor is in town. i will report on the schedule if there is one.
i've walked past jungmann & neffe a million times and never gone in - is there a schedule one can find for the visiting tailors? i have seen a few suits from the primary house tailor and the style is not quite what i'm looking for.