or Connect

Posts by freedom_fries

glenfarcas 12but then again, i would never spend my own money on macallan of any vintage.
i cannot fathom how you could consider the 10 to be superior to the 18, but i do kind of envy the financial implications for you of that preference.talisker is one of my favorite distillers - i think the storm and the port ruighe are both more interesting than the 10, which I enjoy but it's only marginally less expensive than those two.
i won a bottle of 21 from a tasting once - it's quite nice, but seemed not nearly smooth enough for a 21 year old.for the money i would go with the 18 talisker, which is similar on the salt, though also peatier.
sorry, i didn't realize it didn't say it. that would be emirati dirham and i think these were 4cl servings. i got into trouble on a different occasion with some glenfiddich 18 after someone told me a completely incorrect exchange rate.
came across this a couple months ago - couldn't manage to expense the macallan 57 unfortunately... i will put in a good word for the caol ila muscatel distiller's edition - certainly in the running for my best bottle for the money.
well, at least nothing lost in repair costs - thanks again!
thank you for the reply and the insight - this doesn't sound promising as far as prognosis goes. would you go back to the manufacturer with this or will they wonder why it took me so long to see it?
This is a question: I have a pair of Church's Edgware almost exactly one year old, and otherwise holding up well. I just noticed this tiny tear in the leather on a seam, and am wondering if this is something I should get professionally repaired if possible, complain about to Church's, or just not bother with.. any advice?
edit
i actually wasn't impressed with the 12 or 17 but the pulteney 21 was quite good, if a bit expensive (i won mine in a tasting-lottery, so didn't shell out too much). i second the talisker recommendation, though would recommend the storm over the 10 (even though I like the 10). I haven't yet tried the talisker port ruighe but the profile is interesting.