or Connect

Posts by CodPiece

NYRanger, you mentioned several times that you no longer go bespoke. If it's not too personal, may I ask why you stopped?
Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the kind words Rach, I learn from the best! I'll be sure to take part in Master-Classters swap, particularly after looking after the photos posted recently. The Black Orchid didn't go over so well, I wound up showering it off in the afternoon, it gave me a headache and nausea. I think it has something to do with that chocolate-like molecule found in A*men and Lolita Lempicka scents that sets it off. It smelled so beautiful on paper...
Would you mind if I ride my trike across the runway as you guys jet out into the stratosphere? This is one of my favorite threads. I'm just a dad from a semi-rural state and most of my disposable income goes to schools and activities for the kids, so it's a slight challenge finding new scents. I do learn a great deal here, moreso than at Basenotes. Wednesday: Another cold and rainy day, so I felt warm and boozy with Michael for Men (Michael Kors). Yesterday: Needed to...
Hi NabThe second two pictures of you look pretty good, better than your description stated.Your friend is correct, you have a diamond shaped face and a sharp jaw/chin. That you cannot see that isn't unusual, I couldn't see that I had become quite fat and shapeless until I saw a video of myself.Glasses: I had very good luck finding glasses at http://WarbyParker.com. They will mail you sample frames to try on at home. It's great, and the glasses are excellent, even at their...
Any idea why when I open a thread my browser downloads youtube videos? I just clicked on a new page and downloaded 14 files. File info shows a URL: http://www.youtube.com/v/KBdAnMaW9ME&showsearch=0, http://www.styleforum.net/t/253842/waywrn-mc-casual-style/3700_100 I'm trying to avoid installing Flash (aka systems Octopussy).
I agree with the posters above, get that CV out there and aggressively look for a better job. BUT: You can gain an awful lot of valuable experience and learn a great deal at a failing company. Think about it. You'll see firsthand the effects of cost-cutting measures, watch execs make decisions under pressure and see how the results play out. Normally, you'll be asked to step up (read: be abused and driven like a draft horse all the way to the glue house) and get an...
Another old guy thanks you for this thread. Old guys need regular boosts testosterone:
White?
Why no Men's Clothing? Did you ever see the 40 year old douchebag who wears spiked hair, a goatee, tight Hollister shirts and Vans? He looks like a) he's trying too hard and b) ridiculous for chasing after his lost youth. A teenager in Mens Clothing is the opposite because the style tends to run towards a more mature aesthetic, putting you in the 'kid dressing like his grandfather' realm.For me, MC doesn't work because my work environment is a lot like your high school....