or Connect

Posts by CodPiece

I am near 50 and I won't wear those pants either. 5 pocket all the way.Knucks, that looks great.
You are correct. Those of us with long torsos need to use visual tricks to even out the proportions. Pants with no cuffs is one.Take a look at your shirt to pant proportions. See how incredibly long you look from shoulders to belt? Part of that is because your pants are now shorter in length than your torso. The bulky cuffs draw attention to your pink ankles which are creating blocks of color (dark suede, pink, khaki, dark belt, grey/blue shirt), but most of the action is...
It's beautiful. Really beautiful. It's one of the first fragrances that really does send me to a mental place (not an asylum, but a quiet, shady nook in a walled garden).
Had an unproductive lunch hour hunting scents yesterday. Went to my local Nordstrom but all they had were the Chanel and Geurlain blockbusters, along with angel and maybe some Estee Lauder. Highlights: I did sniff out the Versace Yellow Diamond (the SA tackled me) and then a spray from an adjacent counter of Clarins Eau Dynamisante had me veer 10m to sniff again. Both were nice, but not anything really striking. Tried a second sniff of TF Violet Blonde at Sephora, but...
I still like this one! I was thinking of wearing it tomorrow.
Dear Man of Lint and Blamm: Thank you for helping me avoid a major timesink trying to restore a dry-rotted leather duffel. Dear Brianpore: Thank you for the inspiration, I'm dumping acetone on a pair of J&W cap toes sometime soon. Dear Dig: Thank you for the Man of Lint thread. You are awesome.
What is MPG, please?
With shirt or jacket fit, how is the shoulder measured? Is it measured to the lateral deltoid (outside of the shoulder muscle), or at the end in the clavicle (the bump in your shoulder)? Where should the seam lie? Hope this makes sense. Thanks!
Well, my daughter and I liked Un jardain en Mediterranee so much that we decided to buy my wife a bottle for Mother's Day. Today we have an outdoor graduation party. I'm going with Carven Vetiver, the 2009 formulation. I know this doesn't get a lot of love over at basenotes, but it has a citrus opening that settles into a really dry and earthy drydown that I love. I prefer it over Geurlain and Tom Ford's versions because it is darker and more complex than the others, but...
Yesterday: Dior Eau Sauvage. Nice, but instantly disappeared on my skin. Pity. Today: Voyage d'Hermes. Same thing. Disappeared. Completely. Poof. I gave my 7 y.o. son a dab of Silver Mountain Water for his tie-and-blazer day at school. My 13 y.o. daughter got samples of Leau d'Issey Floral.