or Connect

Posts by NHSkier

I'd like the AF blue tie please. Let me know if the PM doesn't come through. I've been having some issues with the PM function on the mobile site.
About to PM on 4
Just wanted to make sure my PM on Kiton #3 made it through.
Three pre-owned shirts looking for a next owner. 1) Brioni white and blue stripe dress shirt, MOP buttons - fair condition (small run in the fabric on left breast which is noticeable - see last close-up picture) - $25 shipped Shoulders 19.25 Chest: 23.5 Back Length: 32.75 Sleeves: 25 I wear a 16.5/35.5 normally and I found the sleeves about 1/2 in. too short for my liking. 2) Charles Tyrwhitt 17.5/36 - French Cuff - blue and sky herringbone with some sheen (Slim Fit) -...
Tell me about it!
Great looking thicker Borrelli sportcoat 90% wool, 10% cashmere. Color is dark charcoal with copper chalkstripes. Great for fall/winter months. I originally purchased it used hoping there would be enough material in the sleeves to make it work, but unfortunately, even after my tailor let everything out, the sleeves were still too short. My loss is your gain! Chest: 23.75 Shoulders: 19.5 Sleeves: 24.75 (no more material to let out) Jacket length: 31.5 I tried some...
Mr. Porter is a fairly new operation so it's hard to tell, but it's looking like they'll have big sales biannually right now. Similar timelines as Louis Boston - post Christmas and sometime in the summer. Mr. Porter is the most descriptive when it comes to actual measurements, which is why I love them.On a sidenote, I do have one Hickey suit and it's OK. Too much padding in the shoulders but good fabric and fit for the price. If you can get one for 300 it's worth it, but...
+1I have bought two suits and two sportcoats from him over the past two years and everything has been great. I'm fortunate enough to live closeby and can try everything on though. Most of his suits are going to come in at the top end of your budget ~ $800+.I scored an immaculate Belvest suit off Park and Bond for 600 after New Years. They don't go that low too often so if you see one, grab it. Mine was a 150s wool which normally goes for about $2k.
Measurements and fabric?
True, I should have qualified my statement by saying "sleeves that are too long/wide." I have rarely found OTR shirts where the sleeves were too narrow though.As for the collar, you can certainly replace it but if you're not a fan of the contrast-collar look, it's not going to help you much.