or Connect

Posts by popbot

These Alden shoes (made for Sherman Brothers) are in great condition, with one minor issue. The rubber soles are virtually untouched (only one wear in perfect summer weather) and are great for the fall and winter when you don't want to be mucking around in leather soles but you still want some high quality footwear. The issue: The leather was fraying on the edge in back (see pictures) so I went to a cobbler and had him put a patch on it. It is impossible to see when you...
Quote: The irony is strong in this one. What do you know about owning and running a business? What do you know about starting a business? A friend of a friend loaded off of some genius startup of his? I don't understand. Are you seriously saying a painting business for a 17 year old is hard to start? And are you implicitly comparing it unfavorably to the difficulty of learning how the financial markets work? I can only assume you are not, as that...
Please, god, do not start day trading. Warning, angry rant ahead. start Every book, seminar, guru, or whatever that says they have the secret are doing nothing but BSing you and preying on the public's misconceptions about how financial markets work and how financial assets are priced. After all, if they have the secret, why are they wasting time writing books/essays/seminar speeches instead of retiring on their mega yacht from all that alpha they are earning? The...
Looking for Allen Edmond Strands, McAllisters, or Sanfords, and Alden Medallion Tip or Wing Tips in 11-11.5 D. Walnut/Light brown please, although if you have a black pair that you are looking to part with let me know. I realize I am a new member, I have a eBay account with 100% feedback and my paypal account is backed by a credit card with a confirmed bank and address. I will give you my phone number and we can chat if you want. PM me!
Hello! I am interested in the Brooks Bros belt, the cashmere scarf, and the Yves Saint Laurent tie. I am willing to buy them all if they are available. I live in Boston, and will send you my address if/when you agree to the sale. Would the total add up to $22? ($20 for scarf and value for value $14 belt +$6 tie?) I know I am a new member and that may make you wary, I can email you my eBay account name and my paypal has a confirmed bank and address. I would PM you,...