or Connect

Posts by syed

Hmm yeah, I guess reformulations were to be expected. I've never had the chance to try the original so I'm not sure to what extent it would be as a result of reformulation, or it just not working on my skin. Will try to give it a few more tries, just to make sure I'm getting the full effect. Oh and as far as I'm aware they're slated for general release in the US for Autumn/Winter?
Was a bit disappointed by Yohji Homme. On my skin all I got the whole way through was rum and spice...and that's about it On paper it had woods poking through in the dry down, and a slight liquorice note, but yeah, flat on me. I think it needed something to undercut that sweetness, but I assume the woods would do that if they came through on my skin. Yohji Senses on the other hand, with the yuzu and pear seemed perfect for this season's Spring/Summer collection. Will have...
I think this is quite important. I'm not in a position to be able to afford most Yohji, but my brother fortunately is. I enjoy the hunt, and the work that goes into finding something that fits a specific bill, so the majority of the time I'm actually on the lookout for clothes for him rather than myself....and it's just as fun If you're passionate about the clothes, I think there is a joy to be found in simply appreciating them and the work behind them. Of course in an...
I see you YYPH AW09 Look 12 (HZ-J59-127-3A) - Size 3. Same fabric composition. Breast pocket, 2 flap pockets, card slot pocket, 3 interior pockets. Three button snap closure. Tap version.Same shirt (I really want to buy some more contrast collar shirts...I always used to associate them with bankers - blue shirt with white cuffs and collar, but I actually really like the black and white contrast).Out and about with my brother.YYPH SS12 Long Sleeve T-Shirt - (HD-T46-079) -...
DSM have Undercover in the corner right of the basement. At sale time they usually have quite a wide selection still left. Oki-ni and Mr Porter tend to have a small selection, and I'm sure you'll be able to pick up some up from there too come sale. Otherwise I can't really think of anything
I think this is an incredibly important point. I know it sounds corny, but I think designers are at their most successful and creative when they are sincere about their work - they are expressing in their own language and creating something they feel passionate about. A designer such as Karl Lagerfeld may be able to design for a million different houses and somehow hide his own voice throughout (there is a reason he has never been able to hold down his own namesake line...
Maybe you're thinking of the Mekas interview with Takeji Hirakawa?
Got some Y's trousers in the post last week, been wearing them every day since. 100% laine wool, half lined in rayon, high waisted, single pleat, size LL (waist is around 34/35 inches). Wearing with SS98 Comme blazer, Y's medium weight mesh scarf, Muji shirt, Uniqlo cardigan, and some deadstock DMs from the '80s that were originally issued to emergency service personnel. And yeah, liking the look of quite a few of the LN-CC Issey archive, but the prices are kinda high...
I'm use Muji t-shirts as a staple. Either their organic cotton ones (they do a longsleeve version too), or the ones that come in the double pack. Sizing up one seems to give a comfy fit, but of course you can size up more. Plus they have their heat control stuff in now, which fits way better (longer sleeves and nicer armholes) than Uniqlo heattech.
I actually really like the birks, I think the shape looks great with the rolled hem. Been thinking about picking some up myself (plus they are meant to be comfy as heck). I do love that sharp shoulder Kiko, looks fantastic