or Connect

Posts by JakeGittes

Is there any internet source for replacement badges suitable for a cardigan? I have got one, with a brand-dominated badge in the right chest area that I would like to remove, but it will be noticeable; I have to substitute some other patch. The cardigan has a "vintage sports" look (mid blue, with some white trimming), so something sports-related could do.
Certainly less of 5% of my hoard of ties and bowties are not patterned; and this includes those which are solid, but have a texture, or are solid but have a flourish. So, here you will find different tastes and/or inclinations... As said, you have many options. For instance, if those shoes and belt have any red to them, you could choose a tie with a ground in maroon or burgundy; that would relate everything together.
Originally Posted by w. rabbitThat's an "action back" (in a half Norfolk style). Makes you feel more comfortable while shooting wild animals, so very useful on a safari suit. And yet ...I think that was common (or at least not unknown) in the 20's to 40's. There were several styles of belt-backed jackets which incorporated pleats, bellows, vents and the like. Sort of sports/casual suits. Of course, at the time suit wearing was much more widespread, so no doubt such suits...
Originally Posted by JakeGittesCan a suit jacket be successfully converted to a waistcoat? I mean, can it be dissasembled and pieces of it be taken for the front part of a waiscoat, to which would be added the appropriate material for the back panel?Thanks!I had thought of that, but I think it could be solved by having the waistcoat (vest) made with breast pockets, too.The fact is that I have two let's say identical suit jackets (long story, but related to a failed online...
Can a suit jacket be successfully converted to a waistcoat? I mean, can it be dissasembled and pieces of it be taken for the front part of a waiscoat, to which would be added the appropriate material for the back panel? Thanks!
So we all know belt should match shoes, but not exactly (unless black). But how much "unexactitude" is right? I try to keep at least a tonal and/or shade relationship; that is, if shoes are reddish brown, a similar, but darker or lighter reddish brown for the belt; not a chocolate, or a honey brown. Am I overthinking it? Also, what do you couple an animal skin-like texture belt with, like a brown croc belt? Plain shoes in a similar colour? Thanks!
I must say I like the tie. This is not the same as saying I am enthusiastic about it, but I would wear it. I like the whole outfit.
Thank you!I am realizing this shirt should be "relegated", or reassigned, to sports wearing. Regarding the tie, in fact it has a tone-on-tone paisley pattern, with a simmery finish, but I notice now this is not showing well in the pic.See above... I would say the former, even if this means I could be taken as chicken (that is, using that as an excuse). But I am learning, so I would like to read that paragraph! Thank you all!
Hello again! This is just my second time posting pics here... (Jacket sleeves are too long, I know; but they having working cuffs -my fault! - , there's no easy remedy). NOTE: for some reason the first pic refuses to stand upright - I assure you it is correctly positioned in my photo file URL, but on linking it here, it rotates .