or Connect

Posts by ddonicht

When it is tucked in, how well can you move your arms? You should have pretty much a full range of movement. If not, you'll want to increase the upper chest/shoulders a little bit.
My 2 cents on this. I'm breaking it up into what I see as stages so he can mix and matches as he feels comfortable Pants: Stage 1) Dark blue jeans, not tight and not faded or ripped, you could probably even do black here if you want Stage 2) Khaki (tan) pants, there are different styles here from the casual Dockers to chinos but for this "stage" we are talking about a cotton fabric Stage 3) Wool slacks, different solid colors or patterns but most likey these are going to...
Different brands (or lines within a brand) are going to have shoulders that lay a little bit differently. I guess my question would be how this jacket feels to you? Are you able to move your arms comfortably? Or is difficult/restricted to move them much? Now keep in mind that these jackets aren't something you are going to play tennis in so they shouldn't be loose like a warmup jacket but you shouldn't feel like a stuffed sausage either. Otherwise the fit looks good. ...
As you already know, PM and money sent.
If it is your first suit, normally navy will be a better choice. In this case I'm concerned that the navy suit is pulling a bit in the front on that first pic of it. It could just be it wasn't set right in that pic however. As has been said, pants and jacket sleeves should be adjusted on both. A couple of things to suggest when you are out trying suits on (especially if you are at the tailor getting them adjusted)... 1) Wear a dress shirt. This will make the jacket...
A navy suit with brown shoes/belt is considered a staple. In fact many would say if you only have 1 suit, a navy one should be it. As has been said, most stores out there will have them. I have one that I really like that I got from the ebay seller, style-wizard (aka Wizard of Aahs). As for that particular style, it really depends on your body type. If you are very slender with skinny legs, it might work for you. However, I never have been built like that (too many...
I'd be careful wearing that in a breeze. Those lapels look like they'd catch the wind and you'd end up airborne. Actually the patten itself I like. I have one of a similar pattern/color without the leather elbows and buttons and the wide lapels.
I guess it is more about what you want to wear. As has been said, things are pretty casual in that regard. That being said, I wouldn't wear a pair of dress shoes with a pair of faded, ripped up jeans. Of course I don't wear ripped up jeans at all. In truth I generally match the shoes more to the type of shirt I'm wearing with my jeans (keeping in mind that all of my jeans are "nicer"). If it is a button up shirt I'll wear lace up shoes or possibly loafers. If it is a...
I know there are fine differences between a blazer and sport coat. However, most of the time in today's usage they are interchangeable. I confirmed this with a search on an online dictionary prior to my original post. The definition for both was pretty much identical. Overall it was an effort to keep things simple for someone starting out rather than overwhelming him with small details. Next time I'll quantify it more. And I also think the comments to ignore anyone...
I have a blue seersucker suit that I wear sometimes. I will use a solid print shirt with it and will sometimes leave the jacket off but I can't see using a different jacket with it, solid or otherwise.