or Connect

Posts by ddonicht

I would certainly shy away from that sort of look. There are a certain measure of people that won't think anything of it but once they turn 3, they think you're a goof just like everyone else will.
Wearing hats in today's age is as much about confidence as anything else. If you want to wear a hat and you are confident doing so, then do it. As for style, you are going to 20 different suggestions from 20 different people. A lot of it depends on face shape, head size, and what you like. If you can, go to a local store or stores and try some on. As for materials, straws are good for summer and keeping the sun off but you certainly wouldn't want to use in the rain. ...
Yes, but Tom Jones would also say "sex bomb" and "black Betty". Neither of which are appropriate in this case. I agree completely that it is better to replace the wardrobe and have the extra weight off. I was just wondering if I should hold off doing alterations until I lost the rest but that doesn't sound like it will be too much of an issue at least with the shoulders. It is a given that the waist will continue to drop although I doubt I'll ever get back to the 27"...
Recently I have made it a point to lose some weight. So I started being more strict about what I was eating and increased my workouts to be longer and include some weight lifting. I've lost 10-15 pounds thus far but have another 20 pounds to go. I'd noticed that some of my suit jackets were fitting a bit loose so I took a couple of them over to my tailor yesterday for alterations. While pinning them up we found that it is not only around the middle that needed to be...
There are a lot of factors that go into this so there isn't any set answer. Since I take care of my shoes I've had sub $100 shoes last for 10 years. That doesn't mean though that on average, the more expensive shoes aren't going to be more durable. Also keeping in mind that there can be dogs from any manufacturer that has a defect in the leather, stitching, etc that causes a failure early on. And of course there comes a point where more money spent doesn't gain you...
I received my Bakers London Tan belt and it looks great. Leather is sturdy but supple. It isn't has heavy and thick as the bridle leather belts I've received from Bullhide Belts, Sole Survivor Leather, or Leather Goods Connection. But then again it is more flexible and I still don't have any concerns about the leather not holding up.
Great post, thanks. I especially appeciate the fact that you have written it from a neutral perspective acknowledging that there are pro and cons to the different methods.
Kyle and Azif, If those shirts are cotton I would suggest washing/drying them a couple of time to work out any shrinkage and then ironing them. That will give us a better idea of the true fit and will be able to give you better suggestions.
Yup, and I think we forgot the paddle.
I never said "impressive". I said "good job". He spent some effort and regardless of methods used, made an old pair of shoes look much better. There is no need to be snide over that.I have never used Renovateur myself. I use saddle soap, leather conditioner, and Kiwi polish and have never had any issues. It will take someone showing me a comparison between what I use and Renovateur (or something else) to convince me to change how I care for my shoes. But that doesn't...