or Connect

Posts by ddonicht

My 2 cents is that they are about matching what you're wearing and what you feel comfortable in. If you like them, a simple pair of fabric ones could be fine. If you are going for metal of some sort, I personally would match any other jewelry you are also wearing (rings, watches, etc).
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be thinned skinned, impatient, or insulting. I tried to keep my response fairly neutral and explain what I was looking for, why, and what I'd already done. I have seen on other messages boards where long term members have been snippy with new members and I just wanted to be clear that behaving that way wasn't necessary or appreciated here. I'm not a troll trying to start a flame war just someone who is trying to gain more knowledge so I can...
Thanks for the replies. The links were great. The one from this board gave some great shoe construction info and the AskAndy one is the type of list like what I was talking about even with more info than I was thinking. It does seem to be missing some brands that I've heard mentioned on the board as well as others that are more commonly known in the US (Florsheim, Bass, etc). I understand that what I am asking for isn't necessary a simple thing. I have in fact done...
I am new to the forum and while I have done some searching, I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. Basically I am looking for a list of the major shoe brands there are ranked by quality. The Pacific Northwest where I am is not exactly a sartorial Mecca where men tend to talk about different brands of shoes and clothes on the street corner. Growing up I was basically told Florsheim and Bostonian are great shoes (of which I have several pairs) but now I am opening...
Those are really great looking. What size are they? Steve