or Connect

Posts by ddonicht

Actually as a Shriner, I'm rather offended by Curzon's reference. If all of us were what he described, I wouldn't be on here.
My wife had the same problem with an ebay buyer from Ireland. He filed a claim on Paypal about not receiving the statue she sent prior to it even having cleared customs. It was even before ebay would allow him to file the claim. After customs we couldn't track it so Paypal gave him the money back and we never heard about the statue again. It didn't even matter that we had documentation that he had lied about some dates, Paypal/Ebay didn't care. It makes me think this...
I have 2 pieces of advice that hopefully can help. First, find a tailor in your area that you can trust. Unless you buy everything bespoke (not likely) you are going to need to have things altered. You can spend all you want on a garment but it will still look bad if it doesn't fit correctly. The tailor will help get everything fitting correctly where it most likely won't right off the rack. They will also help you figure out the correct size you need without trying...
To me the old rules about what time of year to wear things no longer apply unless you want them to. They, along with other traditions such as having shirt sleeves longer than your jacket sleeves came about because it was harder to clean things back then. Now that most of us have access to washing machines and dry cleaners, they really matter. So nowadays it is more about the fabric and the weather. Loose weaves such linen aren't very effective in cold and rainy weather...
Interesting before and after pics. Not only are they on a different guy, but if you look close they are 2 different jackets.
I have posted this on AAAC but I thought those of you that don't frequent that board might want to see the pics. I recently had Rancourt and Co. make me a pair of their penny loafers using some brown bison leather they had. I really like the properties of that type of leather and these shoes have not disappointed. For those of you that haven't ordered from them before, Kyle was a pleasure to work with. To make sure the fits were correct they sent out some test shoes...
I ordered this one from Tweedy and I really like it. It is quite warm and it is something you don't see every day. http://www.styleforum.net/t/280564/classic-shooting-jacket-details
It seems that there are enough people here that you are going to find someone who has a problem with whatever you do regardless of what that is. One person will think X is the best thing since sliced bread but hates Z. The next person is the opposite loving Z and is disgusted by X. In fact I think I just read a post like that about knit ties. And of course there are those who just seem to want to complain about everything and will be rude regardless. The biggest...
They are so easy a caveman could wear them... Just kidding. Anyway, I would say where and how you plan on wearing them are the biggest deal. If you are going to wear them with socks, um, no. If you are going to wear them with a suit, again I would suggest you reconsider. But, you are at the beach during the summer and are wearing shorts, they are perfect. As was said before there are certain looks they are ok with as well as certain locations. If you keep them to...
If you check out the other items from that seller, they are all like that.