or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

A NWT bright orange Truzzi shirt. Has been tried on once and washed, got this just when summer had ended. Like new. Please note: the shirt resides in Finland, but I ship worldwide (tracking included) at buyer's expense and will take care of VAT for orders outside EU. Shipping inside EU will cost $15 for one shirt, shipping to America will be $20. Tracking is madatory and included in this price. All payments with Paypal. Hand-made throughout: sleeves, collars, shanks and...
A NWT Brooks Brothers shirt in blue-striped Sea Island cotton. The shirt has been tried on once, washed and is offered here in as-new condition. The cuffs were too wide for me. Please note: the shirt resides in Finland, but I ship worldwide (tracking included) at buyer's expense and will take care of VAT for orders outside EU. Shipping inside EU will cost $15 for one shirt, shipping to America will be $20. Tracking is madatory and included in this price. All payments...
Those Clapps are wonderful. Back then lasts had very contoured ankles, this leads to a better fit along with an interesting look. Thanks for sharing.
A NWT Barbour jacket, the original Sylkoil model named Beaufort. Please note: this jacket resides in Finland, but I ship worldwide (tracking icluded) at buyer's expense and will take care of VAT for orders outside EU. Material 100% waxed cotton. Size 36, XS. Made in England. Two big pockets in front, one large on back. Corduroy collar, brass zipper, two hand warmer pockets, Raglan sleeves, tartan lining. Measurements taken using these...
Charlie, I've written so before, but your latest examples demand a re-run: you have the most wonderful belts I've seen. The stitching on that military belt on another level entirely. What is lacking, though, is more leather options. Croc and 'gator, kangaroo, grain, suede and so on.
While I applaud the skill of Lobb's many makers, I'm always left wanting when seeing their lasts. They lack contours and the toe is more fat than round on most pairs. I interviewed one of their makers about a year ago, she said the customer has the last say when it comes to lasts. Evidently most decide to leave it to Lobb, who favours rotund toes. Wonderful examples are rare, but I've seen a few.
I really wish they'd publish new editions of Esquire's Encyclopedia and Men In Style. I still haven't read the two and I'm sure both would sell well with proper marketing. The former would educate and work as reference, the latter would suit as eye candy inspiration.
jerrybrowne, now that is one naughty pair. Wear them in health! sdolina: the pair you linked to is about as casual as they come, any grain leather will work very well.
Patek, what you have here is an eye-catching artpiece, and with envy comes all the nastiness people can provide. Do check with your insurance provider about their terms for stolen everyday items, like bags. Someone may find it just too damn tempting.
This article is unnerving. If Sator is right and the extensive tailoring and etiquette library he has amassed and digested backs all statements, I've been a victim of these iGent myths. What's more, the claims have plenty of victims among us who've grown up reading menswear sites. One question remains: has anyone read the same tomes Sator lists as reference? http://www.cutterandtailor.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2542