or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

FlyingMonkey, a few months ago I spent plenty of time comparing the choices available for detachable collar shirts. The best deal I found was from T.M. Lewin. The cut was slimmer than average, collar had enough heft, fabric was smooth, price was (back then) four for £100. The collar size didn't match, I ended up sending them back. The one I tried from Darcy Clothing was terrible, fabric and finishing poor. Now the best option seems to be an online MTM shirtmaker Luxire,...
tobiasj, there is no simple answer. All collars will look different unbuttoned, depending on stiffness, material and whether they have something to lean on, like a sweater neckband or jacket collar.
Cross-posting from the Meermin thread:Meermin MTO Norvegese: three-eyelet wholecut in burgundy naturcalf, Hiro last, vanity sole initials, double leather sole, purple lining, flush steel toe guards, natural-coloured welt, light brown stitching.The uppers have stretch marks right above the toes, Pepe informed me these are only on the surface finish. He said they should vanish with some hair blower treatment, the leather should then absorb the finishing. I've yet to try...
Empire Mirage, I have one Rubinacci zig-zag tie from Exquisite Trimmings. The width is indeed 5 cm and slim, but this isn't an issue if you wear it under a jacket or a sweater.
MarioImpemba, many thanks. To maintain the look and feel, all Norvegese pairs should be re-soled with trained cordwainers. Bear in mind this manual construction takes a lot of time to master and make. I'm sure Meermin has an extensive refurbishment service, Pepe will know more about it.
Just placed a new order for Black Friday madness, the regular prices are indeed more than reasonable. I just hope you pay your shirtmakers a friendly wage.
SoGent: the Hiro last with this shoe model is very true to size and snug. Luckily all wholecuts will stretch, these should fit like a glove in no time. Orgetorix: every Norvegese is a work of art in itself. Too many Italian makers pair them up with patina works, broguing, pointy toes and fog machines all in one bundle. I do like some monster shoes with one-inch welts, but Meermin just shows it can be done discreetly. I will definitely wear this wholecut with dressier...
I've never before posted on S&D and won't make a habit of it, but I had to chime in on this thread. That is one cool leather jacket. This is the only word I can come up with. Pretty damn cool.
NAMOR, Pepe came up with the sole initials. I figured; might as well take them, they'll do no harm. It's a small wonder how the same last can look so different in another style, I have one Hiro pair in black suede oxfords.
Meermin MTO Norvegese: three-eyelet wholecut in burgundy naturcalf, Hiro last, vanity sole initials, double leather sole, purple lining, flush steel toe guards, natural-coloured welt, light brown stitching.The uppers have stretch marks right above the toes, Pepe informed me these are only on the surface finish. He said they should vanish with some hair blower treatment, the leather should then absorb the finishing. I've yet to try this, wel'll see how it goes. The marks...