or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

Straight from the horse's ass: Carmina austerity full brogues with some nice gimp action for all of us shoe pervs:
Going through this threed, I am suddenly reminded by this classic, timeless art piece:
Any Hungarian shoemaker worth their salt can sell you one. They cost around 20 euros minus taxes plus shipping. Most of these are handmade in Romania so they're not really your average shoe trees.
prurient, if I may make a suggestion: beige shoe laces would give better contrast than black ones on those sturdy boots of yours. This because the welt is of natural colour. I always use laces with the same colour as the welt for this contrast.
Dirnelli, I'm curious: what's a tailor gotta do in France to receive the Ordre National du Merite medal?
Crepe and Ridgeway soles have the best traction on ice. Dainite is nice on rainy days, but it's deadly slippery on ice. Commando soles are excellent in forests or grassy terrains, but snow packs into the grooves quickly and the buggers become deadly. There is no single solution to rule them all.
How can G&G's own webstore charge more than those of their retailers? Edwards of Manchester charge around 740£ for a pair, less than the factory -- and here I thought factory shops or webstores are the finest source.
Whoa...am I reading these new prices correctly? Are these just markups or has the make changed too? http://www.gazianogirling.com/collections/all
J., that's what I'd call a collection and a real p0rn shoot. Something tells me that toe stiffeners aren't meant to poke through the uppers like on that J. FitzPatrick pair, though.
I've one Attolini shirt with all the hand-fondled Neapolitan details, it's a very well made piece with even and tight stitches as well as some eccentric details like open sleeve gauntlets. Too bad about those fused collars and cuffs and shorter-than-usual sleeves. So close to exquisite steps of glorified craftsmanship, such a fall from grace.