or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

ˆWhy were you so star-struck?
Monty, you seem to be the only guy keeping this thread alive -- have you "curated" a "collection" of crocogator pairs so far?
That's true: brogued or medallioned shoes have not been part of black tie decorum. Please note that black or white tie events are formal, set apart from the everyday by apparel as much as everything else.
Summeroflove, you know, you can always soften up smooth leathers with Lexol. It's a wondrous product and lasts a long time.
clee: Oxxford has at least 7 cuts, but their retailers choose the models individually. The only way you'll see the full range in person is to visit their New York store or Chicago factory. Mind you, most of their lapels are ugly and nearly all jackets have flap pockets with single vents, but I've seen some superb MTM/MTO/bespoke pieces and samples or individual makeups for specialty stores. They don't export, so men outside America don't really know Oxx.
...not that any of Styleforum's addicted long-time readers need any assurance, but this auction's photos show prototype Ralph Lauren shoes with the factory's original sample stickers. The Italian maker is Silvano Sassetti. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROTOTYPE-2015-Ralph-Lauren-Purple-Label-Suede-Chukka-Boot-Shoe-9-Sassetti-NEW-/381551794060?hash=item58d642578c:g:i64AAOSwu4BVyS96
You're funny! Only 2 pairs without a significant flaw? Come on, son! This is 50% of the pairs you bought, and Linea Maestro is supposed to be the highest quality that Meermin offers. Based on the many photos I've seen and the pairs I've handled, the quality control in their factory is clearly run by incompetent folks.
Oh, Oxxford is nice, so underrated despite their carefully constructed canvas and sewing. One of the few makers who have narrower shoulders: most size 38 jackets have shoulders of 18 or 18.5 inches, but Oxx has 17.5 and this makes all the difference.
Up for your grabs is a NIB Kent hairbrush, their finest men's model made in England. Oval shape, palm-sized, made from beech and satin wood with genuine bristles. I ship worldwide at buyer's expense. Length 12.5 cm, width 7 cm. Similar hairbrushes retail for 165 pounds in the UK: https://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/product.cfm/product_ID/4598 Any questions, just send a message. I'm asking for 160 dollars plus + shipping.
ˆYou know you could just try to wear these with tongue pads, right?