or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

A question: what's the hive mind "consensus" of Styleforum on the cloths of Vitale Barberis Canonico? I'm particularly interested in their flannels at the moment.
MoneyWellSpent, if we wouldn't "instakop" all these shoes from many makers, we couldn't debate, nitpick and get all anal about them here on the Styleforum we love. Granted, some here have more than 50 pairs of Lobb RTW, Edward Greens or similar high-end factory pairs, when the same amount could have been used to keep small artisan shops alive. Every time I see one of those huge collection photos, I recall this bit from Boyer: “It is ironic that luxury products are so...
Thank you for the thorough explanation, VegTan. You are the man!
Alright, thank you for the answers, all. Ultimately it's a very relative thing how much sweatier plastic-backed shoes feel, but I can't shake off the feeling that it's just shenanigans to use them.
Okay, I have a question: if shoemaking is a part-time thing for Murata-san, why does he use so much time to reach this level of perfection?
Alright, I am in the midst of a shoe debate on another forum. What does Styleforum say: will plastic toe and heel stiffeners make leather shoes less breathable, more occlusive, so on?
ˆThose are some great sweeping lapels!
ˆWell, if you only dare, you could put some Lexol on the leather soles. It moisturises leather and softens it as well.
I swear no one does a chiseled toe like Marquess...just look at that contour!
I've no experience of them, but the dissection photo of these blue Norwegians shows full leather stiffeners on the toe and heelcup, full leather insole as well. These are always good signs.