or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

A near-new Equus Leather lined-and-raised belt. Used a dozen times before I decided to switch to braces. Please note: this belt resides in Finland, but I ship worldwide (tracking icluded) at buyer's expense and will take care of VAT for orders outside EU. Material medium brown English bridle leather and lined with green bridle leather. Brass buckle. 3cm wide and 107 cm long. Fits a size 33 or 35 inch waist best. Made in England, around four hours of handwork...
A NWOT black shell cordovan belt from Brooks Brothers. Shortened and used three times before I decided to switch to braces. Please note: this belt resides in Finland, but I ship worldwide (tracking icluded) at buyer's expense and will take care of VAT for orders outside EU. Material black Horween shell cordovan. Brass buckle. 3cm wide and 106 cm long. Fits a size 33 or 34 inch waist best. Made in Canada. Similar shell cordovan belts retail at $250, I'm asking $130 for...
Just received notice of shipment. I'll have some pictures in this thread of my new Norvegese pair soon.
Any crocodile/alligator/caiman pair with more than four parts in the upper is a poor one. These materials shouldn't be spoiled and made fugly with too many seams or too much broguing. The same goes for pointy toes.
chogall, evidently The Force is strong in your biceps. G&G should at least make you new nylon pull tabs for free.
Old English II is by far my favourite model from Vass. Mr Ugolini is a designer genius: combining a straight galosh style with a brogue'd up wave shape makes for one perfect model. In all colours.
Just received my first order, delivery was very fast. I used measurements from my best-fitting shirt and the order is exact. MT's Sea Island cotton is great stuff: very smooth, pleasantly soft, sunlight plays on the surface vividly and it has enough thickness for great drape.
The leather is indeed elephant hide, Stirling is the man of the hour. I hadn't previously seen this stuff used in shoemaking. It has a texture that one won't easily forget.
Made by Jan Petter Myhre of Norway. Not a pair of mine, but I want to play a game: who can guess the grainy leather's origin?
Their website is lacking a price list - what's the current damage for NSM's shirts?