or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

I see we have the mods in this here thread now, so someone has pushed someone's buttons...and then the flag button. I'm sure we can all agree that, based on photos alone, this pair is great work for the first truly handmade shoes the student has ever made. 7EEE is a difficult hobbit size and I'd never would have thought the pair has such proportions without DW's mention of this. The last is fine given the feet it must hold, support and give style to.
bengal, do you mean Daniel Wegan from the House of G&G? I've been keeping my eye on him for a few years and cannot praise him enough. I trust his ailment has given him the skills to see the minute details the others won't grasp.
Thank you for the leg pressing debate and photos. I keep returning to Styleforum for lore or knowledge, and I'm never disappointed.
Men, I have received word from the artist currently known as Rezső. That brown shoe you asked about before is "museum calf brown on F last." I swear I will never tire to the F-last, it's definitely among the finest RTW lasts in use today.
jerrybrowne, you are the man -- thank you.
I give no thumbs up for turnback cuffs on suits. They look affected no matter the wearer, uncle Flusser or Charlie Charles included. Turned cuffs are best on overcoats and on the man with long hands.
Yes, taking care of shuus does pay off. Why, just last week I was walking down the street, just generally minding my own business and particularly being myself, while this blue-eyed cherub of a lass yanked my arm and pointed at my footwear. I acknowledged her presence with a calm, "what?", and the girl said she had never seen such beautiful shoes as mine, and asked if I would be so kind as to ravish her and rid her of the shackles of virginity. Well, this was very kind of...
Likely the most beautiful tweed I've seen anywhere: Does anyone know the weaver and cloth name?
I've now asked Reszö about that brown oxford that you fell in love with. I'll update the info here once I've his answer. On another note, how could we even enjoy shoes before there was museum calf? All shoes seem to look better with this manna from out patron saint, St Crispin, bestowed from the heavens to our feet. All hail museum leathers!
mortgagebank, you can always ask for no lining whatsoever. I only have mine lined to mid-thigh length as I've come to realise that trouser linings really are hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Another option still is to ask a zipper lining so you can add it once the C or F drops down, and remove it for spring and so on. Options like these win me over for customised apparel.