or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

MoosicPa, you copied another member's MTO pair and the only detail changed was soles?
Wurger, any info on that grand leather review I asked for about a month ago? I, for one, would like to know how the uppers on your (is it 50 already?) pairs have aged. Just as an example I mention Vass, who favours slightly thicker and more substantial calfskins.
Code:Just to sidetrack a bit: there's been pressure and citizens' campaigns to make all fur farms banned in Finland. These farms have been visited, the animals videotaped and photographed, and findings shared online. Despite the pressure, fur is big business and the economy is making poor gains to rise from the -08 global financial apocalypse. The government won't do in the business because it pays millions in taxes. For the moment, Saphir's supply is guaranteed. I've...
Up for grabs: new, unused mid-brown suede chukka boots by Cheaney. These come with box, shoe bags and leaflets to boot. I ship worldwide and will take care of VAT for the potential buyer outside EU. Shipping with tracking only, which will cost around $30 inside EU and $40 to USA or Asia. Size 8UK, regular-ass width, made in England, undyed leather soles, undyed welt, made from unsplit calf leather (no separate lining), round toe, metal eyelets, last 12508, colour shade...
CROM, that's a superb find on any thrift store. Be sure to treat them to Venetian Cream, the stuff that Horween espouses. How much does Lattanzi charge for their shell pairs with Norvegese welts in the States? Close to five thousand?
^Allow me to refresh those old critiques: I've never liked lengthened Norwegian aprons, they're much too flashy and make any vamp look disproportionately tiny. Coupled with a sculpted last, these form a shoe that's too flashy for suit wear and too dressy for jeans and such. Like the pair wouldn't know what it's trying to be. Still, I'm torn between St. C. and Bontoni on the finest, tightest apron sewers. Both are exceptional.
DanM, you should send a PM to SF member IsshinRyu101. He will know the right date for your rare pair.
Are you sure? $900 for a pair of shell Budays from Panta is around 660 euros and this will get hit by VAT and customs duties once a pair arrives in EU. Shuus like these directly from Hungary should be around 600€ + shipping.Still, your pair looks clean, stitches tight, shell smooth and nice'n'oily. They should serve well for the next, oh, thirty years or so. Ain't no place like Hungary for great shoes for great prices.
In Russia, the crocodile skin wears your manly feet.
^That texture. Yum. Enjoy your turt...crocodile!