or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

...actually, I do have a question for this official Good Taste Thread. Cloth-covered jacket buttons: caddish, effected, OK, swell?
I just can't get over how clean anything made by one of the famed Parisian tailors looks. To be sure, the Brits and Italian also make fine custom wonders, but I've yet to see as consistently clean lines as by the French. I wonder how much The Group of Five was influenced by haute couture's hyper perfectionism. This thread blows minds like the Japanese bespoke shuu thread does.
I cannot believe I've missed this! Scheer has finally joined Facebook and shared hundreds of photos of their odd-looking pairs. Those vertical heelcups look mighty strange to my eyes, but I'll let you have a look: https://www.facebook.com/Scheer7Generationen
^Most likely it is. I haven't owned or handled Shinki shell shuus, but I've read that their horse's ass is thinner than Horween's, and not quite as shiny but with more colours. The Japanese shoemakers' thread has many photos if you've the time to read through the whole shebang. j ingevaldsson, if these Vass Dainite soles are machine-sewn, how do you explain the uneven stitch size and shape? Even St. Crispin's machine-cranked soles have tidy stitches.
^Hopefully this new shell cordovan kid in town will rise to the challenge and help supply MOAR shell soon. Apparently, the British are coming. Then there's always Shinki Hikaku all the way in Japan for you shell needs. http://howtospendit.ft.com/mens-fashion/6955-plenty-of-horsepower
^Now that you mention it, there is no middle layer. I just asked for Dainite soles and mentioned that I'd wear the boots with some smarter trousers in the wintertime. These boots are very light and soft to walk with, which feels strange as Dainite doesn't usually bend as well as slim leather soles. On another note, does someone know why Vass won't work with coloured linings even on MTO pairs?
Thank you, all. I'll wait and see how this museal calf ages.Alladin, if memory serves, Vass favours somewhat thicker calf like many British makers. Maybe this explains RogerP's as new-pair, it's great stuff.
Here we go: MTO blue museum calf Norwegian boots in New Peter last with natural welt, metal eyelets, white apron and welt stitching, as well as Dainite soles. I'm still undecided if the natural welt and white apron suit the dark leather well enough. Oh well.Blue_museum_calf_Norwegian_boots_by_László_Vass_at_Keikari_dot_com by qelsem, on Flickr [[SPOILER]]
Here we go: MTO blue museum calf Norwegian boots in New Peter last with natural welt, metal eyelets, white apron and welt stitching, as well as Dainite soles. I'm still undecided if the natural welt and white apron suit the dark leather well enough. Oh well.Blue_museum_calf_Norwegian_boots_by_László_Vass_at_Keikari_dot_com by qelsem, on Flickr [[SPOILER]]
agedashidofu, a before-shot would be nice as well...