or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

Up for grabs: a rare vintage model from Oxxford -- rare because of its lamb's ear lapels with three patch pockets. Vintage but I don't feel it's been worn, there's no wear in any seam or stitch at all, so near NOS. I ship worldwide and will take care of VAT for deals outside EU. Tagged 39L and fits like one. May fit a burly size 38 or thinner size 40 gent too, do check the measurements. Made for Marshall Field&Company, model name Empire, fabric(?) Grousemoor, black...
I have been hoarding again and it’s very naughty of me. Must clean closet and conscience. Most of these are mildly used, some are new, please read the descriptions. I ship worldwide and will take care of VAT for deals outside EU. Do have a look at my other listings, I’m emptying my collection at the moment. * * * Size S John Smedley’s V-neck cashmere jumper. Has pilled, otherwise in excellent shape throughout. No size tag but fits like S with very slim...
I was suprised to find no Baracuta thread on SF. A few years back, Baracuta was sold to the Italian firm of W.P. Lavori in Corso. The new owners have made changes to great jackets in need of no changes. An example: the current G4 model. What's different: - prices higher - cuffs wonky - fabrics cotton-polyester mixes - Coolmax lining Well, at least the production is still in England but those cuffs alone will keep me searching for old models. Any more grumpy...
Doc, I'm glad to see you're still with us -- and here I thought you'd left us for good. I'm glad to read that Cordings is still keeping up the level though I wish they'd also offer slim fit shirts. The current cut is more akin to something to camp under.
Everyone knows Borrelli. They make artisanal clothes. Handmade in Naples. Tried on once and washed, condition as new. Size 40, point collar, button cuff, MoP buttons, fabric 100% Italian 2-fold poplin cotton. Measurements: shoulder seam to seam 50 cm, sleeve length from shoulder seam to cuff 67 cm, pit to pit 56 cm, neck to hem 80 cm. I ship worldwide and will take care of VAT for orders outside EU. Do have a look at my other listings, I'm clearing the wardrobe at the...
I'm sure everyone on SF knows Equus by now. They make artisanal belts from excellent leathers. Undyed Baker's oak bark tanned bridle leather, brass stirrup buckle, lock-stitched. Made for 33'' waist, unused because of colour. I ship worldwide and will take care of VAT for orders outside EU. Do have a look at my other listings, I'm clearing the wardrobe at the moment. I'm asking 95 dollars for the belt. Click the link below and scroll down for more...
Rosenthal&Maretz was a renowned tailoring house that once belonged to the New York Twelve, the greatest tailors in the city. This bespoke Chesterfield coat was made in 1967 and is in excellent condition. Hand cut and made in NY, formal coat without velvet collars, burgundy lining, material 100% grey heavy wool with herringbone weave, one vent, chest pocket, hidden buttoning, hand-sewn buttonholes, flap pockets, union made. Measured thusly:...
New grey quilt jacket from the Scottish legend, made with wool instead of sweaty polyester. Not quite flannel but looks like flannel from afar. Size marking 38 with shorter sleeves, but wide cut means will fit nicely only on a size 40. Made in Scotland, light blue lining, metal snap buttons, two front pockets, two back vents with snap buttons, dark grey corduroy under the collar. Outer fabric wool, lining and filling polyester. Measured with these...
Brand new handmade quilted black peccary leather gloves, received as samples from Paularun. Handmade in Peru from peccary leather with alpaca lining. No size marking but my estimate is size 11, only suitable for the heavy-handed man. Quilted peccary gloves are rare, do grab a bargain. I ship worldwide and will take care of VAT for any shipment outside EU. Exact measurements: girth on palm 24 cm, thumb piece length 12 cm, first digit length 9½ cm, middle finger length...
A navy blue suit from the legendary double-X. Inside tag reads Lake Forest, size 43. In excellent condition apart from trouser pocket edge, which is torn (see photos). One vent, half-lined, full canvas, horn buttons, flat front trousers, plenty of seam allowance all around. Handmade in Chicago for Mauss&Hoffmann. Fabric is thin but sturdy wool with a rougher hand. Not some flimsy thin excuse foor wool. I ship worldwide and will take care of VAT for any shipment...