or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

I should know more next month, finger's and shoelaces crossed.
While we're at it, I might as well mention that Rosznyai has a few new lasts coming up, a webstore is being planned, and some other surprises may pop up this year. We'll see how things go, but at least there's a new person in charge these days.
Shell cordovan is strong, shiny, easy to maintain, durable, has a mottled colour penetration and it's so different from other hides. That's why I like it, though it's not the best choice for smart and dressy models. Those rolls can run deep and blooming may be rough.
Hotjock, I believe all artisanal makers in Budapest use the same oak-bark stuff from Rendebach as well as Italian calfskins, prices are also similar. It mostly boils down to who has the best-looking or -fitting lasts for your eyes and feet. I wager Vass is the most popular one because they have those nice lasts designed by Ugolini.
I hereby subscribe.
CanadaCal, alrighty, might as well add a shot to my Insta account. We finally have some light up here in Finland after that Northern winter...you Canadians know what I mean.
Up for grabs is a short, bright blue harrington jacket from a respected British maker. Upper material is 100% expensive Ventile cotton that laughs a scorn to rain and wind - without chemical treatment. IMG_7300 by Mikael Riiviƶ, on Flickr Made from British materials in White's own factory in Manchester. Tartan cotton lining, zippers and poppers genuine red-glowing copper, one breast pocket and one zipper breast pocket, corduroy collar can be lifted up and attached with...
Well, few offices these days have strict dress codes for lounge suits only. Some of us don't like the idea of working in khakis and collar shirts only, so the next best thing after dark suitings are tailored clothes made from cloths that were country or leisure materials back in the days. Tweeds, moleskins, thornproofs, multi-coloureds, large-scale checks -- and alternative colours. I, for one, welcome our new green additions. They can be used in many offices but also...
Back in the days when balmoral boots were the go-to choice of gentlemanly footwear, buttoned models were still popular. Then the first great war came and broke the old dress culture, also making oxfords the first choice in the 1920s. After this, button models died out quickly...but there have always been a few bold dudes or makers that have offered them. I like their look, but I can understand why they've disappeared as well. Not really handy, these.
Zapasman, yes, I forgot to mention that I specifically asked for the welt to be trimmed as close as possible. Wide welts make any pair seem wider and clunkier, they usually fit Norvegese pairs or country boots well, but not this dressy F-last. The welt stitching is neater than in any of my older pairs, but I didn't ask for such accuracy. I have a feeling the makers have just decided to raise the bar. I'm eagerly waiting for what they come up with in the future. True...