or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

- wholecut - seamless - croc/gator - elastic Seems like to me AM set out to try his skill in creating just about the most difficult shoe to make. I'm eagerly waiting for the final results!
bullswin, the pair looks pretty damn good from the front. It will interesting to see if Yanko does pull off a Meermin and head with billowing sails to global shuu waters.
I'd like to have trousers made from heavyweight Bedford cord, it seems like one of the strongest fabrics available. Which weavers or cloth merchants could supply me with some good stuff just enough for one pair?
Here's a new, completely soft Cifonelli summer jacket in cotton: The owner wrote that even the piped inner seams are hand-sewn. How's that for artisanal perfection?
Nutcracker, is there a meta union or organization in Japan for all the cordwainers around the country? Given that the land of the rising sun now lives a renaissance of shoemaking, it would be fascinating to have a show pair made at each maker, just to be kept in an archive for posterity. This is a case for material or cultural history, you know, we're not talking shoes only.
eBay.co.uk usually has such laces, easily found by searching for waxed shoelaces and choosing the longer ones from the seller's listing.
Seamaster took the words from my mouth, so here's another thumbs-up from Finland (of all places). Gus shows us how much can be accomplished when a discerning customer finds a discerning tailor. Both are rare in 2015, and rarer still when combined.
...yeah, you all need to stop sending him money or orders so he has a bit of spare time to answer my interview questions. There's not many one-man bag or case operations out there, so I'd really value his taking part. All the Vuittons of the world need no additional publicity, but the lone casemen can only benefit from some.
Are all the sleeve buttons sewn with working holes?
I've seen these models on eBay.co.uk from time to time -- just save a search for Purdey in men's shoes, and wait a while. They are made by Crockett&Jones on stock lasts but the designs are unique.