or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

vmss, for what it's worth, a local shoemaker once told me that leatherboard is "better" for factory-made pairs as it's more consistent than full leather stiffeners, and offers enough of the same qualities for a smaller unit price. These are the words of one guy only, though. I guess most (or normal people) don't care what's inside their shoes as long as they are stylish, trendy, affordable, from the right brand, nice enough or whatever.
patliean1, same true, artisanal make, same European calfskins and oak bark thingies, different lasts and designs. You should come up with an excuse for a trip to Hungary and compare them all.
Noo-Noo, your shoes seem so nice. I'll toast to your health if I ever find myself in London.
...alright, I just found a new (for me, at least) Hungarian shoemaker: http://www.sallayshoes.com/index.php/english Does anyone have experience of them?
I feel the most we, The Shoe People, can get from the normals is, Nice shoes! Other than this, they will not usually notice anything. So, why do we keep buying new, eccentric, customised shoes to become unnoticed? We do it for ourselves, for the health(?) of our feet and for the pleasure of our eyes.
I'll have something snarky to respond to pB in ~9 months and a week. I promise to do my best.
A cap-toe brogue boot made on a contoured last and with a narrow welt. Carmina, for one, has several models.
...come to think of it, do other tanneries besides ILCEA offer patina leathers similar to the museum kind?
Yup, plastic shine for Aldens, all of my other shell pairs have such a nice matte shine that can be left untreated for dullening or buffed for brighter shine. Moisture really destroys some hides with spots while others won't mind. Cordovan leathers are unpredictable and this is a peculiar perk.
I should know more next month, finger's and shoelaces crossed.