or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

I feel this thread will soon be ripe enough for a Hitler comparison or image, though I'm happy to wait for a while and see how much derailment is due. If this Duffy is now in Asia, there's not much to gain for reporting on this deal gone wrong.
Suits and Boots, your link works and the whole ASW archives can be saved on PC or Mac. I saved it and, while it does redirect to the current site in a few seconds, this small bit can be fixed. Thank you. I like to think that if The Bruce Boyer would have set up a blog, it would be like ASW. That's my highest form of compliments. Most classic style sites for men are, after all, copies of A Suitable Wardrobe.
ˆYes-yes, stiff velvet boxes and polyester satin bags are included. I cannot recall if shoe trees were extra, you best email them about this.
It seems that Crockett&Jones has raised their retail prices, so Carmina offers the most shoe at their mid-range price segment at the moment. I would mention Meermin, but they have such a poor quality control that you never know what kind of a "shoe" they'll ship, and this may happen several times for the same customer. Rule Carmina.
Yup, that's turtle alright...though we shouldn't type this down. The hide is a no-no these days, even vintage pairs may be snagged in customs.
jcman311, give them a small coat of Venetian cream and you'll see why it's the best one for shell cordovan. Cotton flannel is likely more gentle than brushes for buffing the hide, and won't scratch the dye off. Wear them in health!
I'm selling a MTO Meermin pair in box, these are galosh oxfords in brown calf and suede. [img]http://IMG_4535 by qelsemi, on Flickr Randy last, leather lining, leather sole, strong Dainite heel, Blake/Rapid construction. Welt dye has somewhat spread, so these are branded seconds (do have a look at the photos). The last is extended, with a pointy round toe. These have been tried on but not worn. Buyer pays shipping to anywhere in the world. My price is 160 euros or the...
A beige raincoat from the inventor of raincoats, Mackintosh. Size marking S, best fits a size 46EU chap with shorter arms and slim build. Made in Scotland. In excellent condition: no smell, spots, nick or cuts. Colour is greenish beige, logo buttons, hacking pockets, shorter hem, unstructured shoulders, poppable Bal collar, red tartan wool lining, fly front, one vent. Upper material 100% twill cotton, lining 100% wool. Buyer pays shipping to anywhere in the...
I'm selling a nice cashmere jacket made by Chester Barrie back when they had that Savile Row quality. Size marking 36, best fits a shorter and slimmer chap. All handmade in England. In excellent condition: no tears, smell, spots, fraying or such. Only fuzz -- see photos. Notch lapels, flap pockets, just two buttons on cuff, double vented, slim cut, strong shoulders, vintage. Material 100% cashmere, soft and smooth. Exact measurements: shoulder seam to seam on top 42...
With sorrow I'm passing on this great find as one sleeve is shorter than the other. Oxxford makes very good clothes and here's why: http://www.keikari.com/english/the-features-of-oxxford-clothes/ Size marking 38, best fits a longer chap though one sleeve is shorter -- have a look at the measurements below. Horn buttons with working buttonholes -- when changed, the jacket becomes a blue blazer. All hand made in Chicago. Like new: no tears, fraying, smell, spots or...