or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

Fraknó looks best on the pairs I've seen. Most of Buday's lasts are sadly on the blobby or Hungarian side. They work well in leisure pairs but lack curves that do a smart pair make. I wonder if Buday would break it to a wider audience if they too had some lasts made by Ugolini.
Fred G. Unn, another option is to just spread wax polish on cordovan. It kind of kills the point of all those waxes and tallows added in tanning, but it should protect the horse's ass from water. It's up to you if wax is fine and dandy or just anathema. For what it's worth, Styleforum's macarthur (of the Mac Method fame) uses wax for that mirror shine of his.
After X amount of time and Y amount of shoes, there's only so much a man can find use for -- and this is why I haven't bought new pairs for a while. I've never tried pumps so it was only a matter of time and pairs before they were welcome.Edward Green for RLPL: calfskin opera pumps (or court shoes) with regimental stripe grosgrain silk bows, dark purple leather lining, last 100, squared round toe, black grosgrain piping, and cemented tiny leather soles. [[SPOILER]]
After X amount of time and Y amount of shoes, there's only so much a man can find use for -- and this is why I haven't bought new pairs for a while. I've never tried pumps so it was only a matter of time and pairs before something they were welcome.Edward Green for RLPL: calfskin opera pumps (or court shoes) with regimental stripe grosgrain silk bows, dark purple leather lining, last 100, squared round toe, black grosgrain piping, and cemented tiny leather soles. [[SPOILER]]
That's my favourite style from Buday so far, Ed. Are these made on the Fraknó last?
dieworkwear, I took a screen cap from you wonderfully #menswear-y post before you change your mind and erase it in a very #menswear-y way. There's something truly special in exchanging insults online.
The keyboard is mightier than the sword!
patrickBOOTH, I used to suffer from the same irritating tidbit, but I managed to find a way for removing water spots on shell cordovan. Simply lift the shoe under your mouth, breath out deep, and bull the spot with a metal spoon. The warmth and moisture from your breath will affect the oils and tallow, and the pressure from the spoon will do the rest. Most spots will diminish and disappear easily. It will look and feel weird, but hey, this is Styleforum!
Right, my bad, I remembered Butler being in the less-than-173cm league which I define as the European short.
Those "baller" boot toes remind me of oversize clown shoes. With a bit of toning or filing down they'd serve well with denim and such, but I guess this isn't the maker's intent.