or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

Luxire orders gone wrong I really should have better things to do, but I thought that by sharing my experiences, I could also ask if others have had similar ones. 1. I had four custom shirts made about a year-and-a-half ago. Details and measurements were like I'd come to expect from Luxire, but the collars and cuffs were cardboard-stiff when I had asked for unfused and stiff, but "not as stiff as my high club collar shirt has". These were rock-hard. I had asked for...
Gentlemen, Francesco Smalto has joined the digital age, and now I give you Cyber Smalto: http://instagram.com/ateliersmalto/
...but not to worry: fine old bags, cases and trunks can still be used as beautiful storage pieces around the house or shack. It's amazing what a bit of elbow grease can do!
These auctions will give a nice excuse for bidding for the place as the most Alpha Stylefo dude this year. Beats bickering about gorge height or lapel width any day.
Bordeaux, those drooping shoulder/sleeve seams may just be easy to fix by asking the maker to cut them X cm closer to each other.
ScottMC, if you're willing to budge a bit about that cap detail, Carmina's balmoral boot is the finest affordable model I know of: http://www.shop.carminashoemaker.com/articulo.asp?idarticulo=4436151 ...and these are sometimes cheaper on sales, too.
The U-cap model seems to have become more widespread during the last ten years. When I first saw it, I thought that it was interesting and novel...but like all great things, details, models, cuts come and go. Here's a U-model from the all-American Stetson from 1939: Very few things are new.
On another note, which tannery offers very smooth kangaroo leather? I received some samples from Germany but the grain is a bit too large for my intended use on nice, dressy balmoral boots. I've read great things about the leather type, so I'd really like to give them a go but would really prefer as smooth a 'roo as possible.
...fixed that for you
Oh my, is that a...pudendum in that brogue medallion?