or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

CrackedCrab, you definitely should add tongue pads to both shuus -- the two parts shouldn't meet when laced. Arahat, gorgeous boots through and through!
...and here I thought I'd seen most shuu styles already! That U-longwing is an excellent design.
Thelonius, imagine more. Shoefan's pair has a sculpted, petite and form-fitting last that makes for one dressy pair. Suits and slacks will compliment them much better.
Sorry, Jubei; lasts as petite as G&G's really would need trimmer cuffs -- 20 cm girth max. Otherwise the pairs become swamped under cloth.
I like Beckham. He's been smart enough to use British tailors and shoemakers for his own clothes instead of relying on fashion houses, whose wares he touts on ads. Sure, there's always something off or worth improving, but the man is still among the better celeb dressers out there. He's usually understated, in dark or serene colours and he does not flaunt.
Fascinating boots -- and to think that there was a time when Vass offered no museum hides!
ezlau, here is the link to the maker's online price list with MTM and special leather surcharges: http://rozsnyaishoes.com/images/arlista2012.pdf Stefan88, you'll find some info about the hide from the leather merchant link I added before. For techical stuff, eg. protein structure, density, porosity, you'll have to contact the merchant. meister, that's the nubuck effect -- subtle and softened. The unsanded grain looks much more gnarled. I still haven't tried elephant,...
Thank you, chaps. Before anyone beats me to it -- yes, the hide is CITES-certified and here is the supplier: http://www.italhide.eu/en/ippopotamo/ I wanted hippo as the leather was new to me, and these gruff nubuck hides are best suited for boots. I've a thing for white, blue and black suede, got mostly lucky that the maker had this hide in stock. For the moment, I like the white contrast welt with the matte, light-sucking uppers. If I change my mind later, some black...
I can haz made to measure black suede hippo leather chukka boots from Rozsnyai. They feature 360-degree storm welts with a combined, white hand-sewn stitching, Vibram Eton rubber soles (similar to Dainite, but better in grip and durability), elongated almondy round chisel toe, rounded chukka style with black calf piping, clean and seamless back, dark purple lining, three hidden eyelets.Despite the looks, hippo leather is very soft and flexible, durable and comfortable....
Excellent, shoefan! How long have you practiced the gentle craft?