or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

Supergenius, if you're looking for a rare colour/material combination, perhaps you could just get a close-enough pair and have it re-dyed. I've seen great end results from experiments where the old dye is stripped and a new one applied. jet: it wouldn't be much of a review if I didn't provide photos for the reader. The shoe trees show that, yes, leather sneakers can be taken care of and they will look and wear the better for it.
From Mr Porter's cordial sales I got my first pair of fancy-ass sneakers by Lanvin, and wrote a detailed review about the pair.In short: the finest materials, make and design I've found so far among sneakers, but not worth the full retail price. [[SPOILER]]
Well, what does a Savile Row-trained tailor say about matching pinstripes? Go here and read for yourself: http://www.englishcut.com/2014/07/18/the-matching-myth-3/
I was going to start a new thread for the topic, but luckily found this one. I hope the mods don't mind my bumping a very old topic as it keeps the forum from getting clogged. So: based on the opinion of your feet, which factories make the most comfortable RTW smart shoes?
A quick question: apart from tradition, why is a stacked all-leather heel the golden optimum for fine footwear? Wouldn't a rubber heel last longer and provide better cushioning in the city?
I swear: the more I see of Myhre's work, the more I like him. The man seems to have an uncanny talent for sculpting wood into lasts that have wondrous curves.
mw: camelskin! A great, rare, tough and interesting choice. What lead you to this leather type?
By the by, is there a thread or post on SF where I could find all/most/lots of WAYWT sets by manton? I could go through this one right here, but there are more than 141 pages of messages.
Shoe factories, as far as I know, never make their own shoe trees. All are re-branded stuff and rarely worth the markup prices. G&Gs are an exception because their shoe lasts have such strong shapes that readymade trees can never support them like the orinals.
...just to stick my ladle in this soup: Daisuke Yamashita, the bespoke savant who has travelled the world over several times just to meet makers, has chosen Maftei as "the best" value-for-money shoemaker. Just one opinion, of course, but a very learned one.