or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

Shoe factories, as far as I know, never make their own shoe trees. All are re-branded stuff and rarely worth the markup prices. G&Gs are an exception because their shoe lasts have such strong shapes that readymade trees can never support them like the orinals.
...just to stick my ladle in this soup: Daisuke Yamashita, the bespoke savant who has travelled the world over several times just to meet makers, has chosen Maftei as "the best" value-for-money shoemaker. Just one opinion, of course, but a very learned one.
...perhaps the maker was too humble to take up the commission
I actually have an old interview with Daisuke-san, it can be found from my little site's archives. It was fun to interview an interviewer and, yes, he has been all around the world just to meet artisans. Japan seems to have many extremely devoted connoisseurs in any field.
thefastlife: if the shade of blue is dark enough, they can pass for black shoes in indoor lighting. pkincy: you know you could always have your pair re-dyed, right?
...but will the Saturn that is Herm├Ęs resuscitate or devour its conglomerate son?
A thousand?! What the hey? Do you have a link?
ErikW -- there's no point in having a model like that made up. Ralph Lauren has been offering it for many years already.
Well, just as long as it was found on /b/, it was surely worth his time -- warts and all.
Gwarg: you can still see the old ASW through snippets on the Archive.org -site. If the old forwarding code is still in effect, though, you will have to take screen shots before it activates and directs you away from the blog to the store. Such a bore, but RJ stuff can be read through this way...or you could just ask for the original texts from RJman himself.