or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

wurger, I don't think that Carmina uses the finest crocogator hides...these scales are large, their edges wrinkly, and the monk pair looks worn when new. The wholecut looks much better.
I didn't mean judging by that G&G pair, I meant all the finished pairs made by Marquess, Shoji's company. On another note, how is your order wearing so far, bengal?
mw313, you can find both example pairs with pics on Styleforum's Rozsnyai thread. The orange-brown pair has smoother water buffalo, the mid-brown one has a bigger grain (or maybe it was lasted less tightly).
...while we're rooting for him, I might as well add that I consider Shoji the most talented shoemaker in Japan, though judging from photos alone. His are not the aggressive, hyperbolised or loud shoes, but Marquess makes lasts and finishing bar none. You don't have to shout to be heard, you know.
RoSaCe, you are the darling bud of all InternetGentlemen with a sense of humour. Great to see you on SF as well!
...if these aren't gone yet, someone should definitely grab them all. This is a great favour from chog.
...and let's not forget that shell cordovan is a very expensive material. I'm sure all smart shoemaker shops won't let trainees or younger makers sew aprons as the material costs may turn hefty if something is torn or pierced, and the pair must be re-made. Just for reference, I feel Bontoni's makers have the most skill in hand-sewing aprons among all RTW factories: https://instagram.com/p/z5BZ9Gl5dh/ These are the golden standard to me. Vass is rough, but their...
Amar, at least that large wrinkle above your shoulder blades should be fixed. If you add photos of your clothes on some style forum, there will be blood critique as well.
I have two MTM pairs from modern water buffalo hides. Both have a lovely grain but you can't really see it looking down while wearing them. I'd say the leather type is somewhat tougher than calf, but looks like plain ol' calfskin from afar. One pair hardly shows creases, the other has somewhat deeper-than-usual ones. I wish water buffalo would be used my more shoe factories, it's lively and durable stuff, not even expensive like crocogator or shell cordovan. cigarMan, if...
...well, what's the point of making clothes by hand if they are not made more carefully than machine-made ones? Mind you, I own the same Vass boot model with different details -- and sloppy stitches would have bothered me greatly. Please don't call Vass Goodyear-welted. They are hand-welted and -sewn, the difference is essential and sets them apart from most shoes made today.