or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

I've been doing spring maintenance for all my shuus the last few weeks, one or two a day or so, and I've also had a look at the leathers.For me, a quality calf leather:- has a smooth and clean surface (no veins, stretch marks, snags and such)- shows the follicles clearly- has a great shine even before polish- quickly returns to its original shape after being bent- does not crease deeply- develops patina instead of cracking as years go by- is easy to shine- won't lose...
I believe GION makes the Vass bags in Hungary, and here is their similar model: http://gion.hu/en/briefcases/product/59/ I've been interested in their offerings for a while now, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. How's the leather, make, and details?
The one and only Daisuke Yamashita just visited the St. C. workshop and shared some shots and lines on Facebook. It's in Japanese, but the Bing service on FB is fairly OK with translations. Yamashita-san's website has more pics from 10 years ago when he first visited. It's great to see the true Romanian talent behind these shoes that rock our world and feet. I hope they're treated and paid well as they do deserve...
chobochobo, that's a mighty nice boot you have there. I trust Antonio told you that this pair will stretch much with wear? All wholecuts do, and seamless wholecuts will stretch the most of any model. They'll also develop visible creases, but these won't show much when you're standing and looking down. After all, most normal folks will only say that one has nice shoes instead of analyzing every nook and cranny like we do here on SF. He must have noted this when making the...
Here it friggin is -- the rumours were true! Handmade prize-winning dress wellingtons from 1853, featuring 53 stitches to the inch on a slim, small leather welt! Man's victory over material! See it here today! Save the .jpeg for future generations! ...with my thanks to Daniel "The Talented Mr W." Wegan for the photo.
...most likely most of you already follow the PS blog, but here's a little something new-ish: http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2015/01/cifonelli-double-breasted-overcoat.html
You're one lucky guy, Canucker, as that particular tweed is the most beautiful I've seen. Vivid colours, a nice shade of green and enough heft to make it long-lasting.
^Agreed. Roy has enough style for a blog of his own as pure American classic style is again a thing now. Perhaps not a large thing, but there's plenty of info to be found if one's willing to learn.
Dirnelli's haul was the finest in 2014 if the clothes are right enough for his build and taste. I was surprised by several of the finds in the poll list as some folks just seem to throw too much money into clothes that they end up throwing out, but some 30 CdL commissions is hard to beat as a one-off pull. They are exceedingly rare items in any auction, and rarity must be the main variable in all lucky thrift games.
^The shoulders look totally soft. If they were such, this jacket is yet another reminder that the trendy Neapolitan "soft shoulder" is no new thing at all.