or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

El bumpo with mountain ram leather:
...so here we go: http://www.keikari.com/english/anatomy-of-the-barbour-beaufort-wax-cotton-jacket/ I tried to make this mostly definitive.
Soon I can haz MTO Thorpe boots in GG06 last and vintage rioja hatch grain uppers. I'm a bit excited.
Are self-posted blog links allowed on SF? I wrote a detailed review and presentation on Barbour's Beaufort model a few weeks ago, and it might interest some readers here, but I'm not sure if it's OK to post.
I received a Heat Tech base layer last week. The fabric is very smooth, pleasant to touch, stretchy, and not that warm, really. A disappointment as I had high hopes for this. The fine merino knitwear is as lovely as before, very warm for its weight and density.
There's quite a few Eidos items on eBay.com at the moment. Sales items, perhaps, in the hands of crafty re-sellers. The SJ fabrics look beautiful and very, very Eidos.
Careful, careful...I'm sure you don't want to lose any organs to fierce G&G fans in your up-coming super trunk show.
PCK, photographic visual evidence or did not happen!
Chogall, of course it would lead to bigger waste if the boots were made from a single cut, and the seam is small -- but it's still there, lurking, hiding in plain sight, whispering thoughts of corners cut. It won't be seen by normal people, but this is Styleforum...and I'm here. The New Peter last is excellent for the model. Smart enough to avoid clunkiness, a healthy round toe, great fit, nice curves and still suitable for rugged makes. Someone remind me now: was the NP...
...that extra seam just under the bottom part of the derby lacing though : ( Not seen by anyone else but shoe nerds and OCD-friendly forum posters, of course.