or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

What do you get when you combine vintage mountaineering boots with a smart last and fine calfskin? Have a look at these from Ralph Lauren's Purple Label series. IMG_7609 by Mikael Riiviƶ, on Flickr Fully handmade in Italy, uppers cafskin with a grey patina bleaching, form-fitting last, Norvegese-welted and -sewn, round toe, metal eyelets, strong rubber sole, red piping on derby edges and straps. These straps can be easily removed if not needed. Size marking 41.5EU, but...
Lattanzis are not often for sale on SF, so this may just be your lucky day. IMG_7564 by Mikael Riiviƶ, on Flickr Fully handmade in Italy, uppers dark brown and light brown grain calf, has steel toe guards and rubber heels, round toe, form-fitting last, heel grips glued to to heelcups to improve fit. The inner sole had a foam layer that's been scraped off (see pictures). Worn less than 20 times, in fine condition. A similar pair costs several thousand euros in the...
I'm offering these artisanal Norvegese brogues to a new home. Fully handmade in Italy, black shell cordovan uppers, double leather sole, intricate Norvegese welt and stitch, round toe, metal eyelets, extra wide welt. In used condition, though the insole hasn't pressed down yet. Has heel grips glued to the heelcup to improve fit. Shoe trees included. Before Stefanobi stopped making shoes, similar pairs retailed for over 1000 euros in the EU. Asking for 260 dollars +...
Menco, that hide looks like peccary...most of them have those three-hole hair prongs, but the ones I've seen used for footwear are different, very much like this.
Isshi can maybe tell more about the nails...whether they're decorative or used to pin the soles together. The pair is seconds, the heels are not even. These V-cleat leather soles don't usually last anyways, so I'll have them changed soon.
Ugly, nasty and fun. That's what I'll say about sharkskin as a shoe material.NOS vintage Florsheim Imperial long wing derbies with shark uppers and the usual burly features. Maybe someone on SF can date these according to the box. [[SPOILER]]
Ugly, nasty and fun. That's what I'll say about sharkskin as a shoe material.NOS vintage Florsheim Imperial long wing derbies with shark uppers and the usual burly features. Maybe someone on SF can date these according to the box. [[SPOILER]]
Alright: the welt looks a bit too wide, the toe is too round for a square one, the stitching is a curved mess, the heel is not secure, the material must be corrected grain. I'm picturing them as I type and cringe at the maker. PatrickBOOTH has too many black shoes and walks too much. All of you members have mostly silly SF messages, the mods are too random, the site font is boring. Styleforum isn't what it used to be, my pay is too low, I'm overeducated for what I do,...
I'm not even on the list, but could offer some nice heckling for all involved. Just say the word.
Zapasman, despite what you and I feel about this, black oxfords are worn with jeans these days. Yes, it used to be the most formal shoe type...but most have done in the old rules. I used to be really strict for myself and others about this, but nowadays I just look away or try to think this: if X knows that shoe Y "should" be worn with some things only, but decides against it, I cannot chastice him. Still, if he doesn't know about "the rule"...