or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

Well, if you're sure about this take on the matter, don't tell it to Butler. You'll have to call him ridiculous.Still, I agree that gauntlet cuffs or trouser cuffs best suit the tall. We usually have legs or hands that look disproportionate to our short torsos, so cuffs of both kinds are a great help.
Alright, my point is moot then and you win an argument on teh Internet. Do you feel better than before? I just feel if I'd only known what I do today before I would have bought shoes with a more traditional structure and make. Similarly, I would have spent my euros better and would also have supported makers with more integrity towards teh traditions of shoemaking. When a "classic" shoe costs over a thousand euros or dollars in my mind it should also have the inner...
T4phage, the link only provides two photos but the rest I saw on Shomaker Forum, a Facebook group for artisanal makers. This dissected pair does have a nice leather heel stiffener, but not so on the toe. Cork is used by most all manufacturers these days. Nutcracker excellent scanlations from Men's Ex show that EG, Lobb, and G&G have similar methods as Corthay. This is why I won't buy full-priced shoes from any of them anymore, Vass (and similar smaller shops) just offer so...
I won't go into the GYW debate as hand welters have become so rare in most price points, but full leather toe and heel stiffeners would be a nice start. Cork has a tendency to crack and move, so felt or other materials would be nicer. I guess Corthay fans choose them for the lasts, vivid colours, and eccentric styles more than technical niceties (which are always best left for shoe nerds).
Who here would like to know what their Corthay pair's inner structure looks like? Have a look here: https://www.facebook.com/eugene.pik/posts/10152822344141766 It turns out that $1600 does not a thoroughly well-made shoe make.
Well, most of us still have two kidneys and sacks, or a flat. Maybe it's high time to let go of the extra bits in life and invest in some very well-made shoes. They do pay themselves back in 20 or 30 years of wear, right?
tifosi, my pleasure, these smaller makers need support more than any factory out there because their volume is tiny, and they rarely have the cash to advertise. Just let me know if you'd like more tips at some point. It's a small world, after all.
tifosi, New York is not that far away from NJ, and houses Oliver Moore and E. Vogel, for starters. http://www.olivermoorebootmakers.com/index.html http://vogelboots.com Vogel charges around $500 for the last, but subsequent pairs made on your last are a bit over $1000. Both of these makers don't market much, one kind of has to know them.
- wholecut - seamless - croc/gator - elastic Seems like to me AM set out to try his skill in creating just about the most difficult shoe to make. I'm eagerly waiting for the final results!
bullswin, the pair looks pretty damn good from the front. It will interesting to see if Yanko does pull off a Meermin and head with billowing sails to global shuu waters.