or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

"I accidentally [a nice custom pair of Dugdale flannel trous]...is this bad?"
Would someone want my cloth sample paper? I'd hate to throw it away as it could still be of use to a fellow member. I'd only ask for the cost of shipping from Finland to any place.
Could you all recommend some of "the best" Japanese shoe blogs for me? I cannot read them, of course, but some photos of rare pairs would be nice. I've occasionally seen wonderful collections, too, and it seems Japan has plenty of shoe addicts to boot.
FYI, the British eBay currently has several NWT Tyrwhitt jackets for clearance prices. I bought a few to finally see how they're made, what the cut's like and whether they'll fit my Maasai-like frame. Fingers crossed and so on...
I don't, but I've seen these kinds of vintage garments and always wondered why they aren't readily available anymore. Old Steed episodes are an example with a sort of neo-Edwardian flair (or eclecticness).
In time the shell ripples may grow deeper or more pronounced if your gait is springy or the shoe trees too low. These harmonica-like ripples are more visible than regular calf creases, making the pair less smart. Perhaps this is why shell has never been as popular suit garb among grandees.
Despos, because I couldn't find an answer from my reference books or by searching online. One tailor didn't respond to my question by email, the other was OK with cloth buttons. If the truth(TM) cannot be found from this Whnay's Good Taste Thread(TM), then it does not exist. Each detail has semantics, and knowing them all is intriguing. This is why I've staid on SF.
Mimo, I had a total shoe collection clearout about two years ago when I lurked on SF under a different username. I remember reading somewhere about an Italian count whose shoe collection counted 250 -- all from John Lobb Ltd., so my passion is small-time dabbling still.
Well, I had this in mind when I first started curating (or hoarding, whatever) shüüs, but before I could write about the finer points I had to learn as much about fine footwear as I could. This meant buying as many used pairs from as many makers as I could because trying a pair on in store is different from owning one. Now that my range (or collection, whatevs) has much, I can be more picky and I truly know what I want. I call it shuzen. I hope others will find the same...
On another note, although seen in a ladies' jacket, here's a beautiful tweed: