or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

These are chukkas and have no seams on the ball(s) of your feet, so they will stretch more than other models. Just wear them at home first if the squeeze is tight. If they don't feel comfortable after, say, 20 wears, you can take them to a trustworthy cobbler. He will stretch them for you and all will be well in life.
An unrelated notion: I have four pairs of Vass shüüs made on the F-last. All of them have the same size but I could swear they fit differently, some have higher insteps no matter how tightly I pull the laces...
It took around four years since the first message, but Carlos Santos has finally landed on Styleforum (and Sweden as well). @Leaves likely has more info on the construction and materials?
Four ways spring to mind.A well-known and respected tailoring house can survive the founder's death by:1. training the founder's child or children in the House Style, and turning the business into a family legacy2. training a talented non-filial tailor to become the cutter once the founder is no more3. turning the business into a RTW company that regurgitates the past work and fame of the founder, and markets accordingly4. a combination of the aboveAll of these models...
...as long as we're talking Barbour's wax cotton jackets, I might as well share some photos of the Beaufort model's many fine details. These are from an in-depth review I wrote a few years ago. [[SPOILER]]
...as long as we're talking Barbour's wax cotton jackets, I might as well share some photos of the Beaufort model's many fine details. These are from an in-depth review I wrote a few years ago.http://www.keikari.com/english/wp-content/pictures/2014/07/Anatomy_of_the_Barbour_Beaufort_wax_cotton_jacket_at_Keikari_dot_com.jpg [[SPOILER]]
Slig, you can always spread some polish or cream on the stitches, this will dye the white. If not straight away, in time the white will be gone.
Vanda's hand-rolled edges are as clean and tight as those from Simonnot-Godard, and I cannot come up with a finer comparison point.
Just a quick update: Loake's last 024 indeed fits at least half a size bigger than most. I usually wear 8UK but took a full size smaller gander, and the Wolf boots fit without squeezing.
Bump for blue boots! Jebus knows we need more blue shoes on the streets.