or Connect

Posts by VRaivio

Today I've a nice pair of Italian craft on offer. These new Lidfort wholecuts are made from Betis calfskin with a house patina, have leather lining, insole, stacked leather heel, and outer sole. Size is 42EU with normal width, the last has a nice and snug fit with a rounded square toe. Three eyelets, square facing edges, hidden stitches around the throat, strong support for the heels. Made in Italy, of course. I ship worldwide at buyer's expense and will take care of...
Metroboy, that's a prime reason why I keep returning to Styleforum -- it's full of kooks like yours truly. There is a limit to how much a layman or clotheswearer, as opposed to maker, should know about constructions, fabrics, leathers, details, and such to make a pleasant purchase. Most of us long-time posters have crossed the line and keep coming for more. As for reasons, each has his own. I'm here to learn as much as as I can because it's my main passion in life....
After seeing Andy's talents, I tried to get an interview with him, he agreed, but never answered my little list. I'm saddened that so few great shoemakers are willing to give their name and face despite giving their hands and decades of time to learn as much as they can. While most are still paid peanuts, at least they could share their stories, some snaps of their craft, and gain repute, kudos, karma, whathaveyou. A little praise can mean so much.
Croc kicks made by bespoke shoemaker Andrew Gadd for some West-End company whose clients expect nothing less than perfected lines and finish:
Because they look beautiful. They also show that the maker decided to see the trouble of manufacturing the square in a slower way, just to get a nice roll. Mind you, that Borrelli edge is terrible and does them no justice, all flat with coarse stitches. Just compare it to that Hober edge and you'll see how quality separates one company from the others. I had no idea Hober offered such a strong, tight roll with such tiny stitches. It has likely taken much more time to...
@dirnelli is French so he will likely know more about the Meilleur Ouvrier de France, another info source would be @SeamasterLux. As I understand it, the MOdF follows the examples laid down by medieval trade guilds with their arduous master level examinations. It's also highly respected on every field, very difficult to earn, and also a source of high stress as the maker is expected to uphold a consistent high level of craft. Not all get a ribbon at these tests, you...
If you think this "Sartodinapoli" guy has aggressive, negative, and vitriolic posts on Styleforum, you have not read his texts on Dressedwell: http://www.dressedwell.net/members/sartodinapoli.388/ To this day I cannot recall a single positive or kind comment from the user, so I've blacklisted him many months ago and I hope he will be banned at some point. He seems like a bad person who really should have better goals in life than vomiting hate on clothes forums.
Here's a little something I have never seen before: wholecuts painted as spectators. Can you guess the maker?
Strange! There really is no mention of Edward's going down on the site. My bad.
No man can do wrong with a nice tweed jacket. Bespoke-made by Giliberto Designs in America, best fits a taller and slimmer size 38. Material is 100% softer tweed with herringbone weave and grey-brown colours. In excellent condition throughout, no need for dry cleaning. Small shoulder pads, patch pockets with swell pattern-matching, horn button, full canvas, no vents. The measurements: shoulder seam to seam 46 cm, shoulder seam to cuff end 65 cm, armpit to cuff 42 cm,...