or Connect

Posts by Pembers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Lobb-Men-Shoes-/230959368103?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=FGZAhwKGo%252BUeicTtquKmAyr%252BJBA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncIn case it's relevant, I am registered as a business seller (although I am very much a part-time amateur) and bought these in order to resell for a profit.Edit: and here's a photo of the defect:Edit 2: The case has already been found in my favour. Full refund, and eBay are giving me a...
I think you may have misread my post or detected sarcasm where there was not any.
That's certainly true. But bold ties in Britain are more often 'Turnbull loud' or even 'Duchamp loud' than 'Drake's loud'. Bold colours, as opposed to large madder prints. To my eye, Drake's ties are more similar to Marinella and Cappelli than to what you'll find being sold on Jermyn St or worn by a well-dressed Englishman.Drake's relies primarily on exports. I rarely see Drake's-type ties about. I have also been to their shop on Clifford St several times and have never...
I'd really appreciate some advice on this. I recently bought a pair of JLP penny loafers on eBay. They were classified as New with Box and no flaws of any kind were mentioned. They are in fact clearly stamped as subs, and the defect is very obvious - the stitching on the split toe is messed up. They also did not arrive in a box but rather in one of those padded plastic bags. I requested a refund, saying I would be happy with either a partial refund with me keeping the...
It doesn't strike me as at all obvious that UKtoDC is a spammer. What is so far-fetched about the idea of somebody going on the internet to recommend a company about which they are very enthusiastic? And once they have found an appropriate"style forum", why wouldn't they use for their avatar a photo relating to the company which they have created an account specifically in order to praise? On the other hand, if the OP was an undercover employee of this tailor, he would...
Thanks for writing this, Unbelragazzo. I like them relatively narrow, so am glad of the Drake's policy. I do find it surprising that they do not make them wider, however - it is fairly clear that most of their customers prefer the Italian/SF-type aesthetic, which calls for wider ties. Drake's make my favourite ties, but they are certainly not quintessentially English (the OP doesn't say that they are, but my perception is that many think so). Over here ties that are not...
Doesn't look like C&J to me. Are they from the "Eton Collection"? If they are it will say so on the sock.
I know far less about leather than you. But like you, my experience of bookbinder leather is good. I think the leather they use is quite good: Church's have long stood by their view that the polished finish has positive benefits - i.e. its appearance, and the fact that it requires little elbow grease to maintain. Personally, I prefer calf. But there's nothing inherently wrong with corrected grain as Church's do it. That maker is seriously under-appreciated on this forum,...
Look into chambray.
I still don't think this is a suitable place to mention it. I can see why you would disagree, but I also don't think this is a suitable arena to debate that fraught subject. Let's both drop it.