or Connect

Posts by Joe G

Quote: The shalwar kameez looks so much better and is so much more effective. That's not the shalwar kameez I know. The shalwar traditionally goes approximately to the knees. Also, while the trousers are at least hemmed to the proper length - trousers cut to expose the ankles is in fact a sunnah or tradition of Prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him, that enlightened Mughal emperors spread throughout the Subcontinent - besides that they are all wrong....
Quote: Nope, that had to be the real Joe G.  That's his schtick - racist, anti-Semitic, and anti-American hatemongering. Actually, I did not write the quoted text. I must say, the astute observer would have realised that immediately, simply because I know how to spell "Palestine". Still, though I would not have expressed that sentiment so fumblingly, I cannot say I disagree with it one bit. The numbers of innocent people murdered in the American...
I despise DFW, am no fan of JFK, and IAD can be a pain if the person driving the bus-train thing can't steer properly, but ATL? Considering the size of the thing and the volume of people who pass through it, it's AMAZING how well it runs. If it's main airline (Delta) weren't complete crap it would be a better airport, but that doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the airport itself. Peace, JG
Quote: I'm not one of these "I hate France" conservatives, so please understand this when make the following assertion.  I think that 5-10 years from now, France will be run by Islamic fundamentalists if they don't wake up and start enforcing some immigration restrictions on these folks coming into their beautiful country.  Most, from northern Africa, but I'm not going to limit it to that.  I pray it isn't so.  But mark my word. Why do you think (aside from...
Quote: I don't think the country or the world is ready for a female president. I did not realise that America was more backwards than Pakistan, Bangladesh, and India, which despite being three of the most chauvinistic countries on earth have each had female heads of government. However, an incompetent Sovietologist who was such a great scholar that she was quickly promoted well out of the way of actual scholarship at Stanford and presided over serial...
Quote: There were two over at Andy's site: "Joe G", and "Joe G." (note the full stop). Can't remember which was which, though. I do not recall ever posting at Andy's site, though perhaps I did at one point and simply cannot recall it. At any rate, the search function there seems defective so I cannot say if one or either of those people using my name is me. As for why I so rarely post, the truth is I've more or less lost interest in clothing as a...
Quote: I thought Mac's always ran perfectly and had no problems.?.?. I thought they were SOOOO easy to use.?.?.?.? The problem is unlearning bad habits from the kludge the typical new Mac person previously used. As Brian mentioned, burning a CD from a Mac is incredibly easy, and can be done iTunes, from iPhoto, from iMovie, or directly from the Finder. However, for everything except music CDs, I prefer Roxio Toast. Oh, and the last time any of my...
Quote: I posted about a year ago looking for PDA advice. At that time JoeG recomended the Palm Tungsteen. Since then, I've ceased using a Palm, having replaced my cell and PDA with a BlackBerry 7100. Mobile e-mail became a necessity for me, and the Treo did not suit me as well. The only thing I don't like about the BlackBerry is that Pocketmac cannot upload new software onto it. Still, it keeps things sync'ed with iCal and that's good enough for...
Quote: Not sure where the faith comment came from. My faith really has little influence on the opinions I've formed regarding healthcare policies. Here's what has: I've worked in a doctor's office that accepted private insurance as well as Medicaid and Medicare (M/M). Those on M/M had more limited coverage compared to those with privatized insurance. And we always had to fight tooth and nail for reimbursement. I, myself, have been on Medicaid. While I was, I...
What did you possibly expect? They're conservative, but they have functioning minds. So of course they would endorse Kerry, albeit reluctantly, because he's the only candidate for POTUS with a functioning mind. The other guy thinks he's the bloody Messiah or something. Peace, JG