or Connect

Posts by Joe G

Quote: The shalwar kameez looks so much better and is so much more effective. That's not the shalwar kameez I know. The shalwar traditionally goes approximately to the knees. Also, while the trousers are at least hemmed to the proper length - trousers cut to expose the ankles is in fact a sunnah or tradition of Prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him, that enlightened Mughal emperors spread throughout the Subcontinent - besides that they are all wrong....
Quote: Nope, that had to be the real Joe G.  That's his schtick - racist, anti-Semitic, and anti-American hatemongering. Actually, I did not write the quoted text. I must say, the astute observer would have realised that immediately, simply because I know how to spell "Palestine". Still, though I would not have expressed that sentiment so fumblingly, I cannot say I disagree with it one bit. The numbers of innocent people murdered in the American...
Quote: There were two over at Andy's site: "Joe G", and "Joe G." (note the full stop). Can't remember which was which, though. I do not recall ever posting at Andy's site, though perhaps I did at one point and simply cannot recall it. At any rate, the search function there seems defective so I cannot say if one or either of those people using my name is me. As for why I so rarely post, the truth is I've more or less lost interest in clothing as a...
Quote: I thought Mac's always ran perfectly and had no problems.?.?. I thought they were SOOOO easy to use.?.?.?.? The problem is unlearning bad habits from the kludge the typical new Mac person previously used. As Brian mentioned, burning a CD from a Mac is incredibly easy, and can be done iTunes, from iPhoto, from iMovie, or directly from the Finder. However, for everything except music CDs, I prefer Roxio Toast. Oh, and the last time any of my...
Quote: I posted about a year ago looking for PDA advice. At that time JoeG recomended the Palm Tungsteen. Since then, I've ceased using a Palm, having replaced my cell and PDA with a BlackBerry 7100. Mobile e-mail became a necessity for me, and the Treo did not suit me as well. The only thing I don't like about the BlackBerry is that Pocketmac cannot upload new software onto it. Still, it keeps things sync'ed with iCal and that's good enough for...
Quote: AirTunes works around this problem by transferring the music wirelessly to an existing stereo through existing interfaces (USB, I believe, on the PC end, and the auxillary, or tape input in your stereo receiver). Airport Express actually doesn't "connect" to the computer at all, which is to say that uses the wireless ("Airport") network. The Airtunes component of it takes the audio signal wirelessly, presuming of course one has an airport card...
Simply outstanding. They are as comfortable as any shoes I've ever worn, and constructed at least as well as ready-to-wear Lobbs. At least as well. from at least as high quality materials. Since I bought the Mahlers bengal-stripe mentioned several years ago, I have added a couple more pair of Ludwig Reiters to my collection. Now it seems that all of my professional shoes are either LR or Alden.... Peace.
Kiton cashmere is extremely durable. I have a jacket that is 95% cashmere and 5% silk that looks perfect now that it's been worn extensively for three years or so. Another Kiton cashmere suit sees extensive wear in the winter, and after maybe 15 or 20 wearings it has yet to acquire any indications of break-in. Peace, JG
Quote: Have you driven the new Astons (DB9, Vanquish), they are no different to a BMW 330. Nope. I'll not be in the market for such a car, now or ever, so driving one seems rather besides the point. For the quarter-million dollars a new Aston costs, one could build a mosque and a school in many countries, as well as paying the salaries of an imam and small staff of teachers for a year. And two decades hence all of the electronics will have broken on...
I have worn out my tennis shoes recently, and apparently Reebok no longer makes that particular model. I'm not going to have time to go shoe-shopping until midweek, so I was wondering if any of you gentlemen had recommendations for tennis shoes with great ankle support, good traction on clay, and preferably without any petrochemicals pretending to be hide. Real trainers are a pretty globalised, so chances are excellent that anything recommended in the USA will be also...