or Connect

Posts by Serg

Enjoy your bday, highly recommend the Shafer renlentless when you find a intact bottle.
Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. I had this on Friday night.... 2004 Arcadian Winery Pinot Noir Pisoni Vineyard Santa Lucia Highlands Not bad - smooth notes of cherry and IIRC plum. Paired it with a veal chop. Some of the single vinyard efforts that i have had are amongst the best Pinots in cali. I think they get stuck with being rated in the mid 90's because they arn't huge wines.
2003 Bodegas y Viñedos Valderiz Ribera del Duero - Extra smooth, stone, herbs and a earth. One of the most hard to describe wines I have drank, but thoroughly thought provoking and enjoyable. 2003 M. Chapoutier Banyuls Vin Doux Naturel - Decedent, extracted raspberry liquor flavors, smooth, definitely prefer this to a young vintage port.
That would be a good pairing!
You on cellertracker? If so whats the username?
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire 100% chance of smoked pulled pork for dinner here tonight Pics to follow. Now, what wine to put with that? The finishing sauce is mainly apple juice, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar, and some brown sugar with spices. Maybe that 03 Bordeaux blend I got last weekend? A Grenache? Zin or Sryah are my favorite combination with bbq / smoked meats. Although a left bank Bordeaux would work. A CDP may...
just plain retarded...
As long as it is Brut, sparkling wines with breakfest foods = awesome.
sparkling rose.
Quote: Originally Posted by gomestar and to jump on Serg's point, the white blending is often used to soften the wines up and make it more approachable in its youth. If a growing season is really off, this will help balance out the wines. The same thing used to be done in Chianti for years, but I'm not sure if there were other reasons (I'll check my notebook, I remember discussing this with a professor). Why viognier and not chard, I couldn't say...