or Connect

Posts by Serg

It's a big giant personality test. Dig up everything you can on the recruiter, which you can usually find out from professors / upperclassmen who have interned already. This way you can better engage him and get a better feel for what he/she specifically looks for. Everything else is all social skills, the resume gets you through the door but to hired you have to prove that people will actually like working with you. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific q's.
Finca Sandoval 2005 - Huge complex fruit, coffee, earth, very smooth after an hour decant. One of the most interesting Sryahs I have had. Flora Springs Rutherford Reserve 2005 - Surprisingly herbal, medium body and balanced!. I find it underated at 90 points as it is more intresting than the majority of Cabs out there (92 for me). Still way over priced at Retail (90$).
Only was there for one day but the standouts are; Wine tasting - Tablas Creek (Rhone Style Wines), Turley (Duh) Food - Ian Mcphees Grill (really surprisingly awesome. Go hungry.) If your going to Lampoc for Sea Smoke you may as well go to Arcadian (http://arcadianwinery.com/) who's single vineyard bottlings are fantastic and often more thought provoking then Sea Smoke.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Pinot would be my pick. Thats the traditional match for pork. The others are more "out there" but they will work well. Cava Rose is underrated...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Meh. Wife is out at a professional networking dinner, so I grabbed a couple odd ends of cheese, a few cashews, and a little sliced meat. Finished off the 06 Peterson Zin we started last night. Tomorrow night will be something good. Speaking of which, some super nice pork chops, browned and put in a bed of caramelized onions, add pork stock, cover and back. Ideas for which varietal? Pinot or Sparking...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton 3 way tie: Harlan/Bryant Family/Screagle. I don't count wines that I had too young, like the 2000 Pavie. Great, but not great then. I really wish I had a chance to try these wines before the mega-inflation of the 1990's... I do have a 99 point Parker rated CDP, waiting...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Napa? The best they could do, from the (relative to the skinflint Parker) grade-inflated WS, was 84 in a bigtime vintage like 2005? I'd pass on the '06, then, which was a weaker vintage, unless someone you trust has had it and said it is great. Speaking of grade inflated; here is a general question. General question; what is the most overrated wine you have ever had? I'll go; Mt. Eden Chardonnay 2005 ...
Also keep an eye for Narvarra ( Bodegas y Viñedos Artazu Navarra Santa Cruz de Artazu is a good example high 20's). On the subject of Burgess, the 1997 should of been an even better year then 1995. Too bad I'm pretty much overstocked at the moment.
It had to be 08 or 07 I heard good things as well but was disappointed. My comparison point is the 2006 Bodegas San Alejandro Garnacha Calatayud Las Rocas Viñas Viejas which I have had many times (same region of spain, same varietal), which I found to be far superior (and generally one of the best wines under $20). It is however, more expensive but not by much (~$16) http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=681327
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny_5 2008 Altovinum Evodia (Garnancha) Have you ever had the Altovinum Evodia before? I tried it a few months ago (may have not been the same year) and found it way to green (probably underipe). P.S. Do I see Flannel PJs?