or Connect

Posts by Portland Dry Goods

Barbour x White Mountaineering Is Online two minor notes: 1.) we're also carrying the mountain parka in bark (a light brown with the yellow version of the wave print as a liner). It was recieved after our photographer grabbed the rest of the drop. hit me up for photos if you want to see it. 2.) sizing varies piece to piece; you guys are pretty savvy on styleforum but I want to make sure everyone knows not to be afraid to ask me about sizing details - the jackets...
When we picked up EG there was an understanding that we couldn't sell it directly from the webstore, per the company's wishes. this is to encourage communication and dialogue about the product (which means myself and our sales people can help with sizing, etc.) and make purchasing a bit more deliberate. we've had EG here for 3-4 years now and I can't think of very many times where a piece was impulse bought, then returned the next day. working with the salespeople has also...
Funny to think about the fashion "Cycle" RE; Burton. I've chatted with Mr Burton in the shop (new england to new england vacations, man) and since I've learned that one of Acronym's first gigs was working with Burton (we're talking years before their first drop). white mountaineering draws heavily from Burton, even mastermind did a collab with Burton. so we've got american go-tos pulling from japanese wunderkind pulling from american go-tos and so on.
looks like a more pleasant version of the 4 inch thick layer of dirt the city poured all over our sidewalks this year to keep people on their feet.(boots look great by the way )
Engineered Garments SS15 First Drop Is Online
Crossover from our instagram; Barbour x White Mountaineering in Shop. I'll have more details once we get these shot for the web.
I figure its part of my duty to make the weird stuff; that way I can explain to customers in store "you can build a nice simple moccasin in one of 6 brown leathers or you can make something like this."financially, It's a bit less of a risk for me working here but I like having the option to make something a little outrageous. pistachio just happened to free up as I was about to make these in two tones of gray. had to go for it!
snuck one in the natural light when no customers were around suprisingly enough this suede boot has been my workhorse this winter for when its cold and icy out. the reltex really does its job and the suede hasn't beaten up too much. I'm a huge advocate for suede in here but its a tough sell sometimes. I share a sentiment with the Leffot guys - don't baby your suede.
EG SS15 Drop 2 at Portland Dry Goods: Looks like Gary and I share some sentiments when it comes to dressing new englanders. Bedford Jacket Navy Flat Twill: $360 Olive Cotton Ripstop: $360 Knit Polo Shirt Navy, Gray, or Olive: $155 Thermal Shawl Collar Button Down Navy, Gray, or Olive: $195 As always, happy to provide info on measurements, detailing, general impressions. we thought we'd have some fun with the basics from EG this year so we bought into a...
I've been using a ranger sole on my kooky gray/pistachio boots I dreamt up this summer - its the best experience I've had on snow and ice with any shoe in my adult life. plantation crepe is a deathwish in rain or snow but this sole doesn't seem to soak up moisture, and the channels for snow + high friction rubber have really exceeded my expectations. I'd reccomend it over a vibram christy 10/10 times, maybe even over a lug / mini lug.