or Connect

Posts by Portland Dry Goods

Our first delivery for EG SS15 Arrived yesterday. Photos will be coming later down the road, but per usual I can snap quick shots of anything you lot are curious about Work Shirt: Blue Dungaree - $185 Blue Chambray - $185 Gray Brushed Herringbone - $205 Khaki Brushed Herringbone - $205 Red/Orange/White Plaid Cotton/Linen - $255 Blue/Yellow/White Plaid Cotton/Linen - $255 19th Century Button Down: Yellow/Green/Red Madras - $225 Navy Madras - $225 Banded Collar Shirt...
Reltex every time for a loafer IMO.the heel profile is usually more suitable for a loafer than a wedge.
Not actually sure about the fees talking to them direct. I've always done my best to match our prices to those of the online widget, so my figures are more expensive relative to that. calculations show that our shoes are costing around $75 more at retail than they were in 2014,at the end of the day, ~400 is still pretty rad for customizable shoes.
Wanted to touch base with you guys regarding our projects with Rancourt for the time being. We've started talking about some fun spring styles and a reorder of our PDG Classics. The bad news is our MTO pricing just got a bit steeper here due to the back end costs of popping one pair of shoes on the assembly line at a time. It puts us in an awkward position where our MTO prices are going to be higher than the Rancourt widget; sadly it's unavoidable but rather than shelf...
The basic blue, olive, or khaki cotton ripstop is hard to explain in photos - we've done our first EG Pant buy ever this year on the basis that the blue fatigue pants are the richest best looking blue I've seen in a textile. I think those bedfords are going to be a sleeper hit like the moleskin was this fall. we put a good chunk of our buy on the basic colorways from EG this year (aside from me forcing the issue on a few weird pieces ). Once our 1st delivery arrives I'll...
I want to see photos of these once they ship to you. if im picturing them right its going to look like a handsewn version of an old english balmoral kinda deal.
we're one of a small batch of shops who have the MTO program readily available in person at our shop. swatches, soles, and a binder full of eyelets, laces, etc. I like to think we're the best to talk to if you want something particular - I like to help our customers make choices on the nitty gritty stuff and advise as much as they want us to. we're also able to do a few things the web widget cant; a couple unique leathers, the ability to mix cxl and suede by panel, and so...
the sizing on the jersey varies between runs. our blue, green, or gray shirts are from the first batch - they fit a bit looser than gitman vintage, and are expected to shrink some in a warm wash/dry.the new run (just the black on the web as of now) has gone through a hot overdye and we dont expect much shrink on it. it fits similar to gitman vintage, but has more stretch being a jersey. the stitch down collar is a response to the oxford's button down collar; our jersey...
For those of you who find yourself in the area Friday or Saturday - we're having our friends from some local maine companies (Swan Island, Portland General Store, SEAWALL, and Cat Bates Jewelery) hang out for the weekend to answer questions and show off their wares. expect to have coffee and maybe some beers towards the end of the day too! and for those who shop from afar, we've built in a "Maine Made" section for the website
They retired one of the bison leathers as I recall, though I don't remember which one. If they've got it we can do it for sure