or Connect

Posts by Portland Dry Goods

feeling the same way! shopping was fun, shipping stressed me right out haha.
Just taped a box up for someone - kept it funky and on the border of Maine & NH.
in my experience the midweight is all we ever need up in maine. heavy is starchier but not hugely different imo. if you're really looking to winterize the tiger fleece is the way to go.which beauty & youth do you have? the striped ones are fairly similar to the heavyweight core fabric, though as I recall the highlighter loop ones were a bit more plush.
Good news to all of our not-so-local friends We're Back on the Internet Check out men's and women's with the help of some killer editorial shots from our friend Nicole Wolf we'll be working on refining the site for some time, but we wanted to get it live so you guys could see what we've been up to this fall. thanks as always for the support! D.O.
Great to see people enjoying their Rancourt Holiday Mackworth Moccs! I've put together a little photoset to showcase the style and thought I'd share it with you guys as well. I'm also happy to inform those of you looking to pick up some of our styles now or in the future that you'll finally be able to do it online again - you can check this pair out on our new website now Happy Holidays!
Jolly pumpkin and Anchorage definately end up here now and then. maybe we're just the last stop.
someone local told me we have Prarie distro in Maine but I've never seen a bottle of it for sale. had something from them last I was in NYC and loved it, hope they find their way north more often.silver lining: Alesmith found its way up north! Got a bottle of speedway waiting for me, and I'm starting to see it around town on tap.
pretty true - I'm typically between small and medium, and I opt for the medium in this (as I do with most of our gear). theres a bit of extra room but id rather it be comfortable than skin tight with such a tough wool.
I have one of these from a year ago when they did a suede body. its definitely not a jacket in that its not windproof (Cowichan style knits are somewhat loose) but its warm as hell and my favorite sweater. I'll wear it as a jacket when its above 40(f) but you'll want a shell or something over it. We stocked the anorak cowichan this year and it basically makes you look like a ski lodge spy movie villain, for better or for worse.
a couple from thanksgiving. From the NH/ME border, really great apple brandy aged stout. dark with some boozy sharpness but tasty. Tried as hard as i could to resist this but it seemed like i wouldn't have another chance to try it. a blend of Tilquin and Rulles Brune - drinks sort of like zwet.be, going from malty and mild to bitter to sour with a dry finish. Really interesting as a one off now-and-then beer. going to try to go easy on purchasing this winter outside...