or Connect

Posts by Portland Dry Goods

The PDG Shirts are always a highlight of our season, nice and simple. maybe it's one of theseIn other shirt news, we've just started a product thread for our semi in-house label SEAWALL. We're rolling out some summer additions to the product list shortly, have a look at what we've already made
It's become a high priority at Portland Dry Goods to try to encompass all of the great products that can be (and are) made right in state. We've had great success with Rancourt for classic handsewns, and we have jewelers, bag makers, and even blankets made within an hour away. We're proud to present StyleForum with a relatively unknown shirtmaker who is close to us in business and proximity. SEAWALL Launched in July 2012 with the goal to create a small batch product in...
I'm this threads worst nightmare; I always wear socks with my shoes, and not loafer socks either. the camp moccs I picked up are amazing but it's been tricky finding situations to wear them with shorts because i don't have appropriate socks. even today its a pair of beams 5 yarn mix socks with a pair of NBs, just gotta hope people I work with think I'm a well calculated dork instead of just a dork
Good call on cavalier. definately a CXL variant, but also definately dyed throughout. I don't recall the exact difference, but I think cavalier is "less lively" than normal CXL. might make it better for a sneaker
just checked our olive loafers - the rough side is definitely untouched by olive pigment. might vary from color to color, but for these its natural on the underside.and yeah, the way I see it all things here are hypothetical until they show up in a brown box. don't want to over promise
I'm not as familiar with the tanning process as I maybe should be, but most of our swatches for CXL were the same on the underside, colorful on the top. our black cxl makes a strange loafer because you see the brown peek through the handsewn seam. some people love it, some people don't. for those swatches. they might have to piece dye the leather to get the rough-out side properly dyed (which could be a nice out of the ordinary process). not sure exactly how they would go...
I'll find confirmation a little later in the season, but I think its safe to expect a bit of cable knit action in the mix
could be direct lookbook scans. EG gives out a lookbook every season thats about the dimensions of a medium sized paperback novel. I think its fun for those dudes to keep it a bit vague, that way it's still a suprise when the pieces hit the sales floor.we're very excited for fall. lots of wool bedfords, and we might have grabbed a few statement pieces...
Lolipop could be excellent (I have a feeling my boss won't let me call them Air PDGeezy Red Octobers)I think Navy is covered by the first wave from rancourt directly, though I really like the idea of doing some suedes. the Orion tannage is nice and sturdy on its own, I think I could do those OR mojaves unlined.I'm not sure how CXL will look on a pair of sneakers but if people are feeling it I think that natural CXL could be a really simple answer to the light brown world....
hypothetical question - what kind of leathers would you guys want to see the court classic in moving forward?