or Connect

Posts by Portland Dry Goods

[New Arrivals] Spring / Summer Footwear I'm going to break this down by brand; we just received a ton of our footwear options in store, from welted hikers to tech sandals, there's a lot to break down. Danner These guys should be pretty familiar at this point - classic hiking boot from Oregon. Welted one piece construction, Gore-Tex waterproof membrane. Really comfortable from the get go. The Timber leather is my favorite of the two - a bit of unevenness in the color; I...
Yeah the bedford is perfect for that role. Give me a shout if you need any measurements! we've got a handful of that denim iteration.
Battenwear SS16 Another one for the EG heads - Shinya Hasegawa has worked with Daiki on Woolwich Woolen Mills in the past, and since has launched a great label of hike & surf classics, full of references from the "golden age" of semi-technical. Parkas, Anoraks, and Hawaiian shirts make up the bulk of our SS16 roundup. We're particularly big fans of the Cloudburster Jacket, a mid-length 65/35 parka with a detachable hood and a design that reminds us of the Barbour classics...
honestly I always think of the bedford as a jean jacket since I don't really wear a sportcoat. helps in this case that it's actually ~made~ of denim. I'd probably style it with something simple - white or chambray shirt maybe, and some beat up jeans or casual pants (in the EG world slimmer fatigues and 5 pockets make the most sense to me.the fabric is washed and crinkly so I'm not sure it will work as a "formal" piece; up here the dress code is never all that strict so my...
If any of you New Englanders want to try something new (and essentially blow up my spot), it looks like Liquid Riot is releasing 2 russian imperial stouts: one aged in port wine barrels and one in bourbon It's right across from our shop on commercial street too; I won't be working, but you can probably find me in line for a couple of these.
Welcome to the motherland! You should check out the Oxbow tasting room in portland if you dug the crossfade - about half a dozen or so of their beers on tap in multiple sizes, and more recently they've added guest taps. when I was there it was a fig farmhouse from Baird (jp) and a Swedish beer that neither I nor the bartender could pronounce. Both were solid.
Engineered Garments: Delivery 3 I think this is the last of our EG Pickup; you can see everything in the official EG Thread or on our website under their brand category. if you've got all of the EG classics in the closet already, you ought to check out the Black Denim bedford - very interesting piece, super overdyed and crinkly out of the box. 7.5oz denim makes for a summer ready alternative to your favorite levis Type III. Snow Peak: Delivery 1 EG Fans should also...
Good Morning! Thought I'd take a minute on this snowy monday to post up the remainder of our summer selection (at least I think it's the remainder...) these styles will be up on the website tomorrow, but I wanted to hit you guys with the early access. Bedford Jacket Grey Homespun, 7.5oz Black Denim, Navy Cotton Twill, Olive Cotton Ripstop Work Shirt Olive Poplin, Navy/Blue/White Big Plaid Popover BD Shirt Navy/Red/White Big Plaid, Navy/Blue/White Big Plaid Chauncey...
double posted, my bust!
quick heads up / cross post from our affiliate thread; we'll be releasing a limited run of the Adidas x KOLOR Pureboost ZG tomorrow morning, on the web and in store at 10am. if you're looking to grab a pair of these try to do it early!