or Connect

Posts by Portland Dry Goods

I like the 1967 but I'm not so sure on blind eyelets. my coworker and I even ruled out the plantation crepe sole on the basis that we wanted there to be some sleekness, and we think the aspen will be a bit more "streamlined" design wise. I think for the future a 1967 style with a plantation crepe sole could absolutely kill it.PS: those boots are outrageously cool. As far as I'm aware the bison we will be looking at is a smaller grain and does have pull up, but it is indeed...
looks like you guys like the olive ranger mocc idea just as much as we do. I think our plan is to run this on an aspen sole (which has done well for us with our kudu collection and has served me well at the beach and on the trails), and probably line it. the one challenge with bison is that it doesn't have much structure after it breaks in some, which is partially the beauty of it. we want the "wabi sabi", but we also don't want the toe box caving in. lining thoughts?
absolutely - though I will say the reltex ranger might be the best sole ive worn in the snow and ice. aspen? not so much. My challenge is deciding wether these should be an all weather low cut shoe, or if I should let our boots do the heavy lifting and let the low cut style be a bit sleeker, but I really do love the lug soles and I think they look well balanced on the ranger moccs.
I am loving my kudu camp mocs...I really like the idea of a ranger mocc - I'm even playing with doing it with a plantation crepe wedge sole, if only because I have a pair of 3 year old rangers with the crepe wedge that have held up better than expected (just about due for a resole, but I'll be wearing them a little further into the season)mini lug would be good for winter though - we ran a vibram mini lug on our first iteration of the ranger mocclooked it up - good looking...
So I want to do something fun for fall - how do y'all feel about Olive Bison (pictured left)? I need to make sure people would be interested in a casual shoe if I'm going to get any traction to actually have it made, but I think you guys would appreciate something special like this. sound off! would love some feedback ASAP - looking to build these out very soon.
Hi Guys, Wanted to share our Y-3 Fall Delivery with you guys. This is a fun new direction for us, adding neoprene sneakers to a shop with traditional Maine made handsewns and waxed cotton jackets. The line has recieved a positive response so far and we're excited to inject some future fabrics into the store. Retro Boost Black/Black/Black $350 Boost QR Royal Red / Black / White $410 Boost QR Night Cargo / Black / Night Navy $410 These aren't quite on the web, and...
Solid Haul! let me know how the D'aragosta is - I've found oxbow to be near-miss or miss for my tastes but they do interesting stuff. almost bought a bottle of it to split at the tasting room but liquor laws stopped my plan in its tracks. Didn't realize Bissel had something new coming out - Foundation is also releasing a sour, though I haven't been able to try it yet. Short list of unphotographed brews from the near past; Warlock - Had it on tap, wanted to wait till...
We've received our second delivery from EG Fatigue Pant in Brushed Cotton Herringbone & Olive Outback Canvas Upland Vest in Brushed Cotton Herringbone Work Shirt in Royal Blue Houndstooth Flannel We've also received a handful of wooly button shawls (I can check on specifics if needed) and our first FWK piece, a huge fishtail parka. photos of those to come down the road. website is going to be in re-development so these may not make it up there for a little while...
We've restocked on Reigning Champ core tops - Crewnecks, Pullover & Full Zip Hoodies. check them out on our webstore. Bottoms are here but not quite online - if you guys need some sweatpants or shorts PM me and we should be able to get you your size (though we're expecting a quick sell through so get at me ASAP!)
Hey guys, we've got a small reorder of Kudu & Dark Olive hitting the online store (and in shop). we temporarily stocked Rancourt out of kudu for these, so if you've been thinking about them for a while and you see your size - jump on it. Dark Olive CXL Longfellow Loafer Flint Kudu Longfellow Loafer Flint Kudu Chandler Camp Mocc a few sizes are in pre-order limbo right now, so if you don't see your size feel free to pm me or contact us at the shop - 1 or 2 stragglers...