or Connect

Posts by Portland Dry Goods

Spring Sale Enter code PDGSPRINGTHING for 30% all items excluding Red Wing & 3sixteen on the Portland Dry Goods web shop. For EG or other things you cant directly buy from the web, just shoot me an email and we can apply the discount manually.
Adding my car to the Memorial Day sale train; Enter code PDGSPRINGTHING for 30% all items excluding Red Wing & 3sixteen on the Portland Dry Goods web shop. For EG or other things you cant directly buy from the web, just shoot me an email and we can apply the discount manually. also important: don't forget to grab porch beers this weekend!
Shirts! We've just added some gear to the web preparing for warmer temperatures, now that we're (almost) sure that winter is far behind us. Gitman Vintage Styleforum knows these guys like the back of their hand at this point, but we've got some unique offerings from them including some Italian multi stripe oxfords, and some cotton Hawaiian shirts. Gitman is branching out with some new styles that we're excited to take advantage of for summer. Portland Dry Goods Our...
Karhu Synchron Happy 100th Anniversary to our new sneaker brand, Karhu. Today we're releasing a throwback model called the Synchron; this shoe could be the new balance alternative people have wanted for some time. dual density midsole, air cushion technology, and cross toe lacing to keep the shoe snug after hundreds of wears. the OG is reminiscent of Karhu's first ever Synchron, upgraded with a nicely textured pigskin. Check them out on our webshop, along with the...
Strange. mileage may vary i guess! it's always tough to get a real good read on sizing in relation to other brands. I typically try a 10 default for sneaker size and 9.5 for handsewn / boot size, but obviously some brands become outliers in that baseline, hah.
we've got both the squamish and the reigning champ bomber. the reigning champ piece is above and beyond aethstetically, but you pay more for the reigning champ piece. neither has taped seams (but most light rain jackets don't), the Squamish has a DWR coating which should be helpful, and the reigning champ piece mentions a "water resistant" nylon. I haven't had a chance to test it in the rain yet, but trying the thing on it feels great and looks cool as hell. The Squamish...
I've typically found people work well with their barry size in handsewns, especially slip ons. I wear a 9.5 in red wing, 10 in most sneakers, and a 9.5 in my camp moccs works perfectly.
[New Arrivals] Spring / Summer Footwear I'm going to break this down by brand; we just received a ton of our footwear options in store, from welted hikers to tech sandals, there's a lot to break down. Danner These guys should be pretty familiar at this point - classic hiking boot from Oregon. Welted one piece construction, Gore-Tex waterproof membrane. Really comfortable from the get go. The Timber leather is my favorite of the two - a bit of unevenness in the color; I...
Yeah the bedford is perfect for that role. Give me a shout if you need any measurements! we've got a handful of that denim iteration.
Battenwear SS16 Another one for the EG heads - Shinya Hasegawa has worked with Daiki on Woolwich Woolen Mills in the past, and since has launched a great label of hike & surf classics, full of references from the "golden age" of semi-technical. Parkas, Anoraks, and Hawaiian shirts make up the bulk of our SS16 roundup. We're particularly big fans of the Cloudburster Jacket, a mid-length 65/35 parka with a detachable hood and a design that reminds us of the Barbour classics...