or Connect

Posts by Portland Dry Goods

I want to see photos of these once they ship to you. if im picturing them right its going to look like a handsewn version of an old english balmoral kinda deal.
we're one of a small batch of shops who have the MTO program readily available in person at our shop. swatches, soles, and a binder full of eyelets, laces, etc. I like to think we're the best to talk to if you want something particular - I like to help our customers make choices on the nitty gritty stuff and advise as much as they want us to. we're also able to do a few things the web widget cant; a couple unique leathers, the ability to mix cxl and suede by panel, and so...
the sizing on the jersey varies between runs. our blue, green, or gray shirts are from the first batch - they fit a bit looser than gitman vintage, and are expected to shrink some in a warm wash/dry.the new run (just the black on the web as of now) has gone through a hot overdye and we dont expect much shrink on it. it fits similar to gitman vintage, but has more stretch being a jersey. the stitch down collar is a response to the oxford's button down collar; our jersey...
For those of you who find yourself in the area Friday or Saturday - we're having our friends from some local maine companies (Swan Island, Portland General Store, SEAWALL, and Cat Bates Jewelery) hang out for the weekend to answer questions and show off their wares. expect to have coffee and maybe some beers towards the end of the day too! and for those who shop from afar, we've built in a "Maine Made" section for the website
They retired one of the bison leathers as I recall, though I don't remember which one. If they've got it we can do it for sure
it'll be 25% off of the marked price on the web. I'd be happy to get you an exact quote via PM or email!you can get the discount in store as well, they're marked in a particular section here.
Just a PSA: we're low on sizes for most of our EG FW14 buy but we've marked down what we have left by 25% through the season. here's our buy for the season we're sold out of many pieces, including the Homespun Bedford, Lafayette Shirt, and the Classic Shirt. any sizing inquiries can be PMed or emailed to us. Happy Holidays -D.O.
to expand on End's policy - USA accounts nationwide are unable to ship to the UK, and vice versa. has to do with distribution or something - something we found out applies to all product acrossed the board from them.
I try best I can to match their pricing, so I'd be willing to give 10% on any orders placed this weekend from you guys (I dont think I can do this for cordovan, sorry to say)
we can also facilitate any of the "secret menu" stuff in a MTO Shoe. a mocc chukka with taupe odessa and a leather lining shouldnt be a problem.