or Connect

Posts by curzon

I'm cool w/ using your hands at an Indian or Arab place. Takes some dexterity to tear the naan using only one hand, doesn't it? Thing about India is that all the common restaurants have sinks right in the dining area where everyone washes up before eating. How many people in the west wash their hands before eating? I reckon not that many.And I hope everyone minds their Ps and Qs with napkins, e.g., knows where to put the napkin when you leave the table briefly during...
XTC - No Thugs in Our House This is a excellent version of XTC performing live on the seminal music show, The Grey Whistle Test. Andy Partridge would soon develop crippling stage fright. They wouldn't perform live again until a Letterman appearance several years later, and limited their infrequent appearances thereafter to studios, I recall. XTC - King For a Day Lest we forget Milwaukee: Violent Femmes - Add it Up What? What's that?! Ya say it ain't roll 'n' roll...
Count your blessings, m8. You could have a girl that's full of opinions and talks your ear off. Keep in mind that you've yet to hit jackpot: once you marry her you'll get to take care of her family. And the sick water buffalo, too.
The Chameleons (aka The Chameleons UK in the States) Tears Soul in Isolation Swamp Thing In Shreds I've spent over 25 years promoting this band, and haven't found a band more deserving of recognition. Here's a review of 'em: "If there was a should-have-been year in the Chameleons' history, 1986 would clearly be it, and Strange Times demonstrates that on every track, practically in every note. Signed to a huge label, with production help from the Dave Allen/Mark...
Well, if it's getting laid you want then by all means splash out on Bogner that I mentioned. The label is conspicuous enough to get you noticed, and I think Bogner will pull you a higher level of bird than ski lift operator. Lasse Kjus is another top brand. NorthFace is entirely too common, you know. Aim higher, like snow bunny, who will be in the know about more prestigious brands. And don't forget to purchase your apres ski kit too. You'll want a different look for...
It's hot and muggy right now. Get the zaru soba (basket of cold buckwheat noodles w/ a chilled dipping sauce). Have a cold nashi pear for dessert.
Heed pembers advice. Nothing screams poseur louder than someone kitted out in the top gear and who can barely snowplow. Some folks are partial to the matching top and bottom suit, say from Bogner. I don't like that look too much on men. Plus, I like to maximize the use of my clothes, and a dedicated ski suit doesn't allow that. My wife has a really nice one that flatters her from Belfe & Belfe, and I recall it makes guy's gear too. I like mixing it up w/ a thermal...
You ought to be watching Geordie Shore too. It's soound as a poound.
It's all about will power. If you don't have a strong will use this opportunity to build one. When I quit I embraced the discomfort and the urges. I learned quite a bit about the patterns of my life and the when, where and why I had a smoke. It was quite predictable, in fact initially I found I was on auto-pilot, i.e., do this and then have a cigarette. I recall walking outside for a smoke break and then remembering that I quit. Anyway, the jones would last for a few...
True story.The food and sanitation inspectors in Riyahd shut down a shwarma shop after finding its sauce had too low a spunk content. "Consumer fraud," said one official adding, "Not tasty, not tasty at all."