or Connect

Posts by curzon

It's in anticipation of all the photos of Thai birds you'll be posting in the Asian girls appreciation thread. Don't let us down, m8.
The baht is approx. 32 to the U$, so 25000 baht is approx. U$770 today. For bespoke suits I would urge extreme caution. Most of the tailors target gullible tourists, people who know little if anything about the process, who are in town for a very short time. Their selling point is rapid completion. You're going to be there a year so take your time and talk to people who live there who've had suits made. Unless you have a job that requires you wear a suit in Bangkok...
Viapiana - Custom, hand-made denim. http://www.viapiana.ca.
I realize this question was asked quite a while ago. I've had jeans altered at Defacto Denim in the Mile Long Building on Amorsolo St corner of Ruffino in Makati; I was a customer for shirts there so had built up a bit of a relationship with Andre and Nicole before asking for jeans alternations. They have a chain stitch machine too - not on site - if you're particular about such things.I'll add that Andre and Nicole are wonderful kids who will put forth a great effort to...
No, I haven't. But $50 for a spare pair is a good deal. Since pants tend to wrinkle and soil more than the jacket it seems like a practical idea to purchase a second pair. When you dry clean the suit make sure to include the second pair of pants so that any colour change that may happen will be uniform with all the garments.
Since I've been living in Manila it's been my go-to store for shirts and pants mainly due to the lack of a better choice; the shoes are dreadful, but fortunately I was already well covered in that department. Their slim cut clothes are done well enough. MD uses a few more fashion-forward gimmicks than RL, such as coloured stitching for buttonholes, elbow patches, etc. The garments are better quality than Zara, Banana Republic and HE Mango that are priced a little lower. ...
Okie dokie, I just finished 20 glorious months in Manila. Shopping here is poor, but it isn't very dreadful. Here's a list of shops that I found. Homme et Femme, 3/L Shangri-La Plaza, EDSA corner of Shaw Blvd., Mandaluyong City. Picked up quite a few Thom Browne pieces here. Lanvin, Martin Margiela, Dries van Noten, etc. Expensive. Archives d' Homme et Femme outlet store, Gamboa Street, Legaspi Village, Makati. Archives is located right across from Washington SyCip...
So instead of $2...... it's $4.
*deleted double post.
*deleted double post.