or Connect

Posts by Golf_Nerd

Quote: Originally Posted by Eck Hello, I am in need of high quality shoelaces! I live in London so you would think it's the easiest thing to get but I cant find a single shop that has what I am looking for. I am looking for waxed shoe laces such as the ones on high-end bespoke shoes made in Northampton.. Does anyone know where I can find some? Maybe a supplier? Please pm if you want. Cheers (and happy new year!) Hello, any cobbler has...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley I can't comment on specific construction qualities of JV suits, but if you think the fit is great and you are happy, that's what matters. I've been in the boutique before and looked at their suits. I personally wouldn't pay more than $300 (if that) for one. Why don't you post a pic? +1
Quote: Originally Posted by merkur According to several studies, women apparently find men with inverted triangular torsos most attractive (all other things being equal); if this is indeed the case, could this not be an added incentive (apart from comfort and appearance) to wear properly fitting clothes (particularly if you were lucky enough to have such a physique)? http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2007/03...atings-by.html HAH? According to...
Quote: Originally Posted by rjmaiorano A 900 dollar mistake can be flipped in BS to the happiness of others
Quote: Originally Posted by rjmaiorano Ha. A point well taken. I shall substitute Mafoo, he is more appropriate for MC anyhow. I like PhatGuido. He is doing well and is bringing his styles (and good vibes) in here. @Manton: I am reading your book. Oh, man, there are nearly no pictures in there and so many letters
Quote: Originally Posted by MrFootballMan I'm looking to purchase a pair of shoes to wear at work. I'm trying to find something that is slimline and wouldn't look out of place on a 23 year old. I like the look of the black leather derby from Dior Homme but they are a bit too expensive for what I imagine is primarily branding hence I'm not too keen on buying them. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. I need to stick primarily to online sources as...
Quote: Originally Posted by tlmusic I would call the people at Sterling & Burke Ltd, Washington, DC 1.800.205.7739. They sell the SAB briefcases made of bridle hide. They stock special polishes and hide feed for the leather. I recently acquired a used SAB attache and called them. The person I spoke to told me not to use any shoe polish. Apparently the leather requires some special care, but will last forever. I ordered some of the polish...
Quote: Originally Posted by grimslade Right. And Paolo Scafora says neutral cream is all you need. I think the truth is that whatever works for you, works. Definitely I use more cream than wax. But wax is for shining (which I don't like so much).
Quote: Originally Posted by gusvs I have normally only used conditioner and then wax polish for my shoes. However, reading a lot of threads here on shoe care, it seems that most poeple recommend a shoe cream to nourish the leather. So, I thought I should get some Saphir MdO creams for my shoes, but I am not sure about which colors to order for: 1) EG Dark Oak antique 2) EG Burnt Pine antique Any advice appreciated. //G Here is my...
get two pair