or Connect

Posts by Ihrichesq

Catch the latest photo of Kerry saluting on the Drudgereport. You can readily tell the two button cuff of the T&A shirt, but FIVE buttons on his suit coat cuff?? Didn't RLPL do some of that a few years ago?
Most of the quiet and unassuming politicos (if there is such a thing) got their every day suits on private order from Jos. A Banks in Baltimore. Or at least they used to.
You can't go wrong with either the Essex House or the Regency. I prefer Central Park South, however. I don't find that much interesting on Park Ave. By OK, I mean the rate reflects good value. And I second the idea of joining Starwood Preferred Guest, if you're not already a member. You're more likely to get an upgrade. If you want a rock bottom rate, and are willing to gamble a bit on location, try the strategy with Priceline I suggested in my earlier post. On an entirely...
The Essex House rate is OK. Looks like there's not a big crunch for rooms when you want to go. Not to create more of a quandry for you, but you might check biddingfortravel.com and then priceline.com for strategies on how to get rock bottom rates at top hotels, including NYC Central Park South. And oh, yes. If you want the best corned beef sandwich in the world (or so they say, and I think it's pretty close) go to the Carnegie Deli. It's across the street from Carnegie...
Stay at the Essex House. I've stayed there many times. Very nice. I'd expect it to be significantly more expensive than the Park Lane or St. Moritz. Just remember, and this goes for all NYC hotels, the more of a "bargain" rate you get the greater the chance of being put in a smaller room. But your best choice is Central Park South for what you're going for. Hell, check the Plaza and Sherry-Netherlands for specials, too. Never can tell.
I've stayed at the Park Lane and it's fine; well located for uptown shopping. You can often get a deal there. You might also get a good rate at the St. Moritz which is also on Central Park South. Bergdorf's is around the corner and you can hit most of the designer shops by going down to 57th St. and then over to Madison and walking up to around 72nd ending at Ralph Lauren's mansion. Downtown is an easy subway ride for the trendier stores mentioned in other posts.
I understood that Polo was made by Corneliani. Someone recently told me that the above Canadian company is now doing the work. Does anyone have any information about this?
South Beach is for shoppers who appreciate labels and aren't concerned about price. Think Armani and Versace. I've spent a good bit of time there and haven't come across any men's shops worth recommending. Bal Harbor and Worth Avenue in Palm Beach have much better shopping, IMO. As for hotels, both Loew's and the National are good. Loew's is a bit fancier and at the north tip of Ocean Drive. The National is a few blocks further North, nearer Lincoln Road. If you want to...